Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th December 2016, 10:21   #1
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Default One year with a non-75 Rover

On the 31st November this year, I had owned my Rover 45td 113 BHP for exactly one year, having picked it up from Lichfield on the 1st December 2015.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=231708

The previous owner was an elderly gentleman who had owned it since 2006 and I purchased the car without seeing it, on the basis that the he had answered all my questions in detail.

In the 12-month period, I have covered 16,330 trouble free miles. Apart from thorough inspections and four new tyres, the only mechanical work I have done is to a) carry out oil/filter changes b) replace the rubber priming bulb as preventative maintenance and c) a full schedule C service plus MOT during October.

I had purchased the car for my daily 45-mile journey down B roads to drop son off at school and then onwards to work. Then return home in the evening on the A14. My rationale beign that a slightly smaller car with good power could be driven on winding B roads with a more confidence than my 75s.

As the 45 has proven to be such a pleasure to drive, I have also driven it from Suffolk to Glasgow, Liverpool, Durham, Loughborough, North Yorkshire etc. hence the 16k miles in just 12 months. The MOT during October was advisory free and during my pre-MOT exploration I found the underside to be really tidy with all the brake pipes still lookeing like new. In fact the MOT tester commented on how tidy the car was inside and underneath. It is currently at 145k miles and everything about the car feels that it should go on for another 100k+ miles/5-years with normal maintennace. Being an L-series, almost everything is made of metal - there are very few plastic components around the engine.

My average consumption over 16.3k miles is 53 MPG and the highest 58 MPG.

Whilst it is in no way comparable to the75 in terms of refinement or road presence, it is nevertheless a fun car to drive.

The reason for this thread is to highlght this MGR car as an alternative to the 75/ZT for the benefit of all those who a) complain about the cost of maintaining their diesel 75 and b) those who find the cost of running a v6 high and could benefit from a secnd car as an everyday mile cruncher.

Last edited by MSS; 4th December 2016 at 19:08..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 10:34   #2
Rover66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 club se cdti.

Agreed as we have a 54 plate streetwise diesel and found it to be a very economical and reliable second car.
Last month it passed its mot with no advisories and all I did before putting the car in for mot was give it a wash and put new wiper blades on.

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk
Rover66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 10:37   #3
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I do believe youve been to sunny Coventry.
Glad you are getting good service out of her she looked a gem when you popped over.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 19:07   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
I do believe youve been to sunny Coventry.
Glad you are getting good service out of her she looked a gem when you popped over.
Hi Sean, yes that was me.

The Seven Spoke alloys are on the wife's 75 and still looking good.

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 21:24   #5
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

I've had a 45 and a zs (both diesels) and thoroughly recommend them as a daily
Granted they're a tad noisy but superb on the mpg front
Not as comfortable as a 75 mind !
Cheap as chips these days to buy and run
Reliable machine also
What's not to like 😀
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 06:40   #6
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I bought one to sell on to a mate and it was a belter. Metallic green, heated seats and headlamp wash and a very good BMW stereo in it. Fantastic on fuel and a comfy old tub.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote