Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2016, 05:49   #21
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Have you checked the ignition switch itself is working and the cable from the switch to the EWS is OK. Maybe the EWS isn't getting the start signal?
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2016, 08:10   #22
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineH View Post
... but equally not worth spending hundreds on.
Oh yes it is Elaine!

When you get the result of your diagnostics, please will you report back to us before making any hasty decisions? For example, if they tell you that you need a new ECU at enormous cost, thank them for their advice, say that you'll think about it, then ask club trader MarinaBrian if he can help. He can do things which garages cannot.

Simon
Old 8th December 2016, 16:14   #23
ElaineH

Default Diagnostics

The diagnostics from Apple MG is the EWS unit which is £205 and includes fixing the drivers side leak. Not cheap but reasonable. The alternator has also gone and this is £305 fitted, I know this is an awkward fit. We really appreciate all the help on here and special thanks to Brian who I know could have fixed the EWS for considerably less. If it was not for the alternator we would have chosen Brian but it is easier to get it all fixed under one roof.
Once the car is returned the next step will be to give it a clean and then sell it.
Thanks again to all.
ElaineH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2016, 17:48   #24
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineH View Post
The diagnostics from Apple MG is the EWS unit which is £205 and includes fixing the drivers side leak. Not cheap but reasonable. The alternator has also gone and this is £305 fitted, I know this is an awkward fit. We really appreciate all the help on here and special thanks to Brian who I know could have fixed the EWS for considerably less. If it was not for the alternator we would have chosen Brian but it is easier to get it all fixed under one roof.
Once the car is returned the next step will be to give it a clean and then sell it.
Thanks again to all.
Only cheaper by a small margin Steve........about £170

Strangely enough a YLE102330E alternator is £172.16+vat retail so about £100 to fit is reasonable.

I rather think you will be hanging on to it a little longer, as you will probably be disappointed in the level of interest in a 11 year old V6 sadly.

Still it does mean Elaine will get to enjoy her car for a bit longer

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote