Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th November 2016, 22:14   #1
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts
Default 2003 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Tourer

I've decided that with a very short commute now, running a diesel isn't worthwhile, so I'm very reluctantly advertising this car for sale.

I have done over 10,000 miles of trouble free motoring. The car has done 135,000 miles (still increasing, though not a great deal). The car is a 2003 '03' plate, and the 27th CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer to be produced. If you want to check the MOT history, I can give you the registration to do so.

Finished in White Gold with a sandstone interior, it's a striking combination, and very unusual to find a Tourer with an interior as smart. The load area, and carpets are very smart, with no damage of note to the backs of seats, etc. The rear load cover is present and correct, also. Driver's seat has the usual light bolster wear. The car has a real walnut dashboard

In my ownership I've done a very thorough servicing, including the PCV filter, using Castrol Magnatec Oil, changed the bottom engine mount, and had a new shock absorber fitted. Additionally the air-conditioning has all been serviced, and is ice-cold. Most importantly, when I bought the car I was intending to keep it a very long time, so searched for a while to buy a car in excellent condition underneath. This particular example is perfect, and has been absolutely caked in a combination of waxoyl and EP90 by me in the early summer. I sprayed the entirety of the underside, as well as removing the jacking pads, and filling those with the same mix. Needless to say, the car will last a very long time. The rear suspension arms are superb, and the tank straps are too. I'd have no concerns running the car for many more years.

It has all of the usual Connoisseur SE stuff, including heated seats, driver's seat with memory, highline IPK (quite a few lines in winter, almost none in the summer), working rear parking sensors, and fully functioning climate control (which nobody seems to bother with). It also has a full walnut dashboard. Thankfully, it has a proper pre-project drive carpet, which gives it a real air of quality.

The car has the highly desirable 160 remap carried out by Big Russ. Other points of note include the fact that in the last two years, it has had both fuel pumps replaced, most of the engine sensors, a new ECU (from Big Russ), and three injectors replaced with refurbished ones. All of these are common diesel issues, so the fact that these are already done is a huge bonus.

The exterior of the car is very presentable, and the bonnet is completely rust-free underneath, as is the slam panel, which I've rubbed engine oil onto throughout my ownership. The front bumper has quite a few chips, and the passenger sill has been caught on something by a previous owner. It's not very obvious at all, but I feel it needs to be pointed out. One rear light lens has a bit of a chip out of it, but again, it's been like that throughout my ownership, and has never leaked. There are the usual marks consummate with the car's age, but I think it's still a very striking motorcar. It had a new windscreen in May, so no horrible scratches and chips to contend with.

The car has an exceptionally comprehensive history file, from the previous owner, and it belies its mileage.

The car will be sold with Forked Spoke alloys from a facelift with four matching tyres, all with around 5mm of tread.

The car has now got two proper keys, which function fully, rather than the ghastly flip keys it came with.

As I'm a member of long-standing, and want the prospective purchaser to be entirely happy with the car, I've noted a couple of issues that will need attended to.

One front wishbone rear bush needs replaced, but I've simply not had the time to do anything with it given the hours I'm working at the moment.

Overall, this is probably the best all-round 75 I've owned by a long chalk, particularly in light of the enormous amount of preventative maintenance that has been carried out. It isn't perfect, but I'm not marketing it as such. However, it's a lovely car that I'll enormously regret selling in the future.

I will get photos when I can, but in the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact me.

I'm looking for £1700 but I am open to offers, and would consider a very cheap V6 in part ex.

Car is located in Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, though could potentially be viewed in South West Scotland some weekend, by prior arrangement.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI

Last edited by FrazzleTC; 23rd November 2016 at 19:11..
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 01:31   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Any Pics Fraser ?

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2016, 06:36   #3
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

As I say in the ad, I'll get pics when I can, as it dark when I go to work, and dark when I get home.
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 22nd November 2016, 11:50   #4
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Car will be ready to go this weekend! Has just done 300 miles overnight, without issue. I'll miss this car loads. Will get photos at the weekend!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:23   #5
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Photos from earlier in the year, because I haven't had a chance to get any because of it being dark constantly.
Now on Forked spoke alloys, but otherwise looks the same!

2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:52   #6
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

As promised!

It's completely rot-free; perfect tank straps, and excellent suspension arms.
I aimed to keep the car for a long time, but the need to raise cash and the fact that I feel it'll do it no good doing lots of short runs have led me to advertise
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
Old 24th November 2016, 19:12   #7
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Will take £1500 for a quick sale!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI