Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th January 2011, 11:22   #11
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
I suppose not------------

Hardly more than ten times that of the 2 litre petrol engine Lol.

Colvert.

"Touché".......
Old 28th January 2011, 09:39   #12
Mike Allfrey

Rover 75 Club

Thanks T-Cut.

Greatly appreciated. In my working days, I was responsible for writing owners manuals for the farm machinery that we used to manufacture here in OZ. Our combine harvesters used to use timing belts to drive the two sickle knives of the thirty-four feet width cutting platform. We placed in bold capital letters that the belts must be replaced at four-year intervals.

But then, farmers always considered themselves better mechanics than the machinery manufacturers!

I wish Rover had stuck with the button in the fuel gauge that, when pressed, indicated the oil level in the engine's oil sump. Temperature gauges also gave you faithful information in those days. That dates me!

Thanks again,

Mike A.
Mike Allfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 14:00   #13
JT667

Default Diesel Camshaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
And of course the R75 diesel has a chain drive which will last the life of the engine.
This 'throw away' remark has cheered me up no end! Having previously had a peugeot diesel where the belt had to be changed every 70k, I was getting twitchy about my R75 now recording 143k, even wondering if it had been done the first time (no mention in the servicing record). This now confirms that I don't need to worry about it and I was slightly puzzled by the fact that my copy of the Maintenance check sheet noted above states that the 90k replacement is for Petrol models only. Yippee, I can concentrate on other things now. Thanks Colvert and of course Mike in Aus who started the thread

Last edited by JT667; 6th February 2011 at 14:02.. Reason: missed an acknowledgment
Old 6th February 2011, 17:02   #14
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Allfrey View Post
Thanks T-Cut.

Greatly appreciated. In my working days, I was responsible for writing owners manuals for the farm machinery that we used to manufacture here in OZ. Our combine harvesters used to use timing belts to drive the two sickle knives of the thirty-four feet width cutting platform. We placed in bold capital letters that the belts must be replaced at four-year intervals.

But then, farmers always considered themselves better mechanics than the machinery manufacturers!

I wish Rover had stuck with the button in the fuel gauge that, when pressed, indicated the oil level in the engine's oil sump. Temperature gauges also gave you faithful information in those days. That dates me!

Thanks again,

Mike A.
Ha ha, I also wish they still built the p4 and P5. They were far superior as mechanical items, built to last, with the best they could do.
Those cars can last you a lifetime, if you are technically minded and have access to a lathe and a welding machine.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote