Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th June 2011, 14:54   #11
Hengist
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Lovel - aye, I know Phil Helmsley. Forgot about him - will give him a buzz.

The clips and cable ties wasn't my idea - I got that from another post on here somewhere.

FrenchMike - rather than replace brushes, I did the wiring bodge to cut out the original low-speed brush. It worked nicely on the 75 we had before, and was easier than re-wiring the control box. I have a 2-speed fan off a KV6 in the garage now, just in case (blue KV6 ZT in Seaview Autos scrappy in Fraserburgh, folks - Willie, on 01346 514108. It was his own car, so he knows exactly what's on it still).

Arctic - where'd you get those things from? Look very handy indeed ... I need some!

Angus

Last edited by Hengist; 13th June 2011 at 15:56..
Hengist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 19:57   #12
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
Dragrad ... Ramps are obviously a better plan than a Lidl trolley jack , however I can never get the front of my cars to go up them.
Hi Angus.... Errr..... the link in my signature.....

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 13th June 2011 at 23:03.. Reason: typo
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 20:20   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Dragrad ... Ramps are obviously a better plan than a Lidl trolley jack , however I can never get the front of my cars to go up them. Must say I've not tried with the MG, but bumper clearance is often an issue when driving the car up ramps.

Angus
I keep a couple of short lengths of plank with a bit of angle iron bolted to them, close to the ramps. They hook onto each ramp and the angle iron prevents them from moving as I drive up.

It was Jules's idea to reinforce the intercooler pipe connection where the O rings are used. I think he later suggested it was unnecessary.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2011, 21:45   #14
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Lovel - aye, I know Phil Helmsley. Forgot about him - will give him a buzz.

The clips and cable ties wasn't my idea - I got that from another post on here somewhere.

FrenchMike - rather than replace brushes, I did the wiring bodge to cut out the original low-speed brush. It worked nicely on the 75 we had before, and was easier than re-wiring the control box. I have a 2-speed fan off a KV6 in the garage now, just in case (blue KV6 ZT in Seaview Autos scrappy in Fraserburgh, folks - Willie, on 01346 514108. It was his own car, so he knows exactly what's on it still).

Arctic - where'd you get those things from? Look very handy indeed ... I need some!

Angus
Hi Angus here is the link to the ramp extensions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184137280...3ABFBM-sTi_IZh

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 2nd November 2022 at 10:08.. Reason: link updated
Arctic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 05:54   #15
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
That rectangular fan box on the passenger side of the fan assembly, does that release from some clips and pop out the front side?

Anyone?!

Cheers!
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 06:07   #16
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

Sadly no!

IIRC it releases from the clips and goes backwards so you still need to remove the fan and mounting to remove it!

When Jules fitted one of his excelent kenlow conversions for me he removed the box (and blanked the hole) so that it could be attached (tie wraped) to the front of the battery box for easy access should it ever be needed!

I guess you could try from the front and angle it out but (without going and looking) I reckon it will be to close to the the Rad-A/C Condensor units to twist/move enough to 'wiggle' out

Sorry!!

Andy
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 07:53   #17
Hengist
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Even if you could get it out from the front, the wiring is routed along the back of the shroud so you wouldn't get much movement.

You'd probably be a lot easier just removing the shroud and getting it from the back. Getting the bumper and light/panel assembly out is really an easy and reasonably quick job.

Angus
Old 15th June 2011, 07:44   #18
Hengist
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Update - as advised by Lovel above, went round to Phil Hemsley's last night and got the a/c recharged. Lovel - did you have dodgy a/c? When I told him what kind of car on the phone he said "Oh, yeah, did you have problems with that before?"

£40 all in, plus he gave me a couple of cable ties to hold my undertray in place till I got home (must've vibrated the rear fasteners off on the way down his track.

For comparison, the local Renault dealer in Memsie (only other place round here that does a/c just now) wanted £90 + VAT for a recharge. I made my excuses and left.

Angus