Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd April 2016, 23:50   #1
Weso
I really should get out more.......

Mondeo ST TDCI Estate

Default MG TF160 Trophy Blue fully Sorted, ready for summer *SOLD*

2002 TF 160, mileage 70,117
Selling my last remaining MGR,
I acquired TF on 27.10.14 from another sometime member of this forum. My pristine ZT190 was not getting any use and Tf owner wanted to swap for a 190.
Always wanted a TF so we did the deal.
At the time I thought I would have plenty of free time to use and enjoy the TF. As a divorced father of 2 young children I kidded myself it would see some use. Needless to say beyond regularly attending the King's Lynn meets in it pressures of family life require a more practical 2nd car!
Previous owner bought the car from MGF cars in Peterborough for the sum of £3,500 in May 2014. I have the purchase receipt. MGF and similar firm Trophy Cars also in the same town buy up TF's and give them a complete makeover inside and out then selling them at what i consider outrageous prices by our standards.
Notwithstanding there alleged high standards I wanted to get car fully sorted to my own standards.
The ditch finder tyres which were different brands front to rear were the 1st to go. Only 2 makes of tyre are currently approved for TF use, the Falken ZE914 and Toyo T1-R. The correct tyres are essential on a mid engined TF so a set of Falkens were bought, closely followed by a hunter 4 wheel alignment. A complete transformation and car would track perfectly straight. Tyre pressures are also very important on these 26 front and 36 rear. Never take the advise of your average tyre fitter!
A coolant loss soon pointed to the inevitable HGF. Just a seepage from head, no more so I called upon the services of "Rough Luck Racing" in my opinion the best of the various mobile services. On 23/07/15 he attended and did virtually every one of the different Tf services he offers. £666.00 later he had performed the following
MLS Head gasket
Water Pump
Coolant
Fuel Filter
Inlet manifold Gasket
Cam cover gasket
Pressure Test
Cambelt
Cambelt tensioner
Air Filter
Upgraded NGK plugs
Coolant cap
Exhaust manifold Gasket
Cam rack lifted and resealed
Car has been perfect ever since.
In the meantime I cleared enough space to keep car under cover, so car is stored in garage day and night unless being used at weekends.
I believe in keeping MG's original if possible so no remap, no lowered suspension, no sports exhaust, no induction kit etc, just as MGR intended.
The 160 in my opinion makes a great TF purchase, all more or less similarly priced and the big front brakes as standard. Will spin right up to 7200 rpm if required pulling all the way to the red. Not that i drive it like that, (I am a 55 yr old mature owner) you can make very good lively progress just using the 3000-4000 rev band.
Running on Castrol Magnatec semi which is the preferred oil for the 160
Key Points
tyres 69,397m
alignment 69,478m
Rough Luck Racing rebuild 69,579m
Current mileage 70,117
Just been MOT'd, 70,116m till 30th March 2017 just one advisory, offside rear shock absorber has slightly worn bush.
Everything else just fine.
Came with one key so now has 3 (!) thanks to our very own Phil T4 who also gave it a T4 health check with no issues.
I have a brand new car on order with a build date of early June. Whilst It is not essential i sell the TF to fund towards the purchase it is difficult to justify owning three cars as I am the only driver.
Due a service in July 2016 depending how many miles we put on.
Body work is very close to perfect. Just a couple of stone chips to front bumper and where mudflats have been removed some very superficial minor rust. Arches are perfect as are the alloys.
Black leather interior, alloy heating knobs, blue leather gear and handbrake gator.
Rather nice Sony Bluetooth Radio CD with bluetooth and auxiliary socket and Sony remote control.
Original MG car mats and a set of aftermarket blue to cover the expensive ones.
Original hood I believe, watertight, no tears and no leaks. Looks a little tired but just needs a coating of the various treatments available to bring the black back...
Prices are all over the shop for these cars. I think I have spent best part of £1100 in my ownership bringing it up to scratch.
I will look very favourably upon any genuine member who will look after this car as I have done. I am looking for £1,800 but open to sensible offers to a very good home!
Based just outside Norwich, willing to deliver at cost if required.
Will be on eBay at month end if it does not go here. I have best part of 60 photos to select from and very late now so will upload more Monday night.
Photos to follow (lots!) tomorrow night but here is a taster,

Weso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2016, 20:20   #2
Weso

Mondeo ST TDCI Estate

Default Car now sold to forum member!

Can confirm TF now sold to forum member, I believe it is going to a very good home

Car being picked up this friday.

PM communications started at 7.41 am this morning which was really going some!

At least it saved me loading up the best part of 60 further photos tonight (very much in Markm1471 style

Possibly some sort of forum record, who knows!

Special thanks to the kind members who thanked my opening post:lowdown:

Will update this post if anything changes but assume for now that car is sold.

Regards to all
Old 17th April 2016, 11:05   #3
Weso

Mondeo ST TDCI Estate

Car has now been picked up and gone

TF has gone to an enthusiast owner just as I had wanted, namely MR190 to add to his MGR fleet.

Could a moderator please mark title as sold.

Thanks

Mark