Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: East Anglia
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th August 2017, 08:17   #21
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty View Post
hi,have the kings lynn meets done now.i got there on sunday around 11.300,maybe just after and no other cars there.i asked in the bar and they said they had no idea
I think they have not happened for a while now- I am not completely sure why- something to do with the guy who ran them no longer being part of the forum. Being in Cambridgeshire, I find there is not much going on round here for 75/ZT club members. There are occasional meets in Norwich, and Trikey is having a get together near Louth on 10th September, but both locations are a couple of hours drive away for me. There used to be some meets arranged by the Northants members but they seem to have moved off into a 'break away' splinter group that do not publicise what they are up to. The only regular local meet for me is the 75/ZT stand at the BMC/BL spares day in Peterborough every August, but this seems to be arranged by someone from either the Midlands or Yorkshire group (???).

I sometimes think about arranging something myself, but I have enough on my plate to get involved in arranging car meets.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 09:18   #22
Freebyrd
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T

I'll be in and around King's Lynn from Monday to Sat. next week (Silver ZTT). Gives a toot if you see me.
Old 30th August 2017, 10:00   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
I think they have not happened for a while now- I am not completely sure why- something to do with the guy who ran them no longer being part of the forum. Being in Cambridgeshire, I find there is not much going on round here for 75/ZT club members. There are occasional meets in Norwich, and Trikey is having a get together near Louth on 10th September, but both locations are a couple of hours drive away for me. There used to be some meets arranged by the Northants members but they seem to have moved off into a 'break away' splinter group that do not publicise what they are up to. The only regular local meet for me is the 75/ZT stand at the BMC/BL spares day in Peterborough every August, but this seems to be arranged by someone from either the Midlands or Yorkshire group (???).

I sometimes think about arranging something myself, but I have enough on my plate to get involved in arranging car meets.

Pete
Fair comment Pete. There are plenty of owners in the region and the holiday season is coming to an end. I read Gary's post and one date cited was Sunday 29 October. It just needs someone to take the reigns, who doesn't have health problems or work commitments. I have only ever been twice to the Kings Lynn meet, organised by Mark and they were very popular. Clearly he is not in a position to organise them further. Hopefully the meets can get a good kickstart in October. Positive thoughts Can someone please start a list of attendees for October.....general question. Just not up to it myself, sorry ....

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 30th August 2017 at 20:59..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 20:56   #24
jonty
Avid contributor

mg zt t 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post

Pete
I have a bit to much going on myself to take it on,in fact Sunday was the first time this year I have been able to go.i hadn't checked to see it was on,just went by the dates for 2017

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk
jonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2017, 04:35   #25
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonty View Post
I have a bit to much going on myself to take it on,in fact Sunday was the first time this year I have been able to go.i hadn't checked to see it was on,just went by the dates for 2017

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-850F using Tapatalk
If there is interest in reviving the Kings Lynn meets, I will try and organise something.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 17:24   #26
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

Sunday 15th October 2017 normal venue.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote