Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2017, 12:12   #1
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Default Ebay return advice needed please

I bought a "New Gates thermostat housing" from Mister Auto (not for the 75).

The stat that has arrived is a Motorad stat housing. I don't think it is the correct part and it looks like a recon/second hand unit because there are wear marks/witness marks around the bolt holes. The sort of mark left by a bolt and washer when an alloy stat housing has been bolted to the cylinder head.

I'm not happy with this item because I don't think it is as described by the seller. The seller wants me to pay for return postage, but I think I shouldn't have to do this. If I'd known it was not a Gates stat I wouldn't have ordered it. Same for a SH part.

What are my right here? and what procedure should I follow?
jonathan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 12:18   #2
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

You should not have to pay for the return postage.

Open a case for 'Item Not as Described.' Fill in the details with photos if it helps.

Then the seller will have to send you a return postage slip and upon return of the item you will be refunded.
Old 19th April 2017, 13:07   #3
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

On your eBay summary page under contact seller click "More actions", then click "Return this item" followed by "Select a reason.

This will bring up a list of reasons, you'll see quite a few that apply in your case, complete the fields and add photos if applicable.

As previously posted eBay will then arrange with the seller to provide you with a postage paid returns label and refund your payment.

Jim
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 15:52   #4
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

As already said, whatever you do don't give in as it is the sellers responsibility to pay return postage.
In fact, you could also insist that the seller arranges collection from your home if you really wanted to get funny!
Too many Ebay sellers list 'buyer pays return postage' on their listings & in most if not all cases it's meaningless (although I'm sure a lot of buyers do not realise this).
Stand firm.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2017, 16:07   #5
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

It's only nonsense if the item isn't as described - for change of mind returns the seller can legally expect the buyer to pay return postage to get a refund providing they stated as much on the listing page.

The CCR's went a long way to close loopholes found in the distance selling regs when it superceded them in 2014
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 15:50   #6
jonathan63
This is my second home

CDTi Conniosseur SE HLNav Tourer and a Personal Line CDT Conniosseur SE Tourer..for the time being.

Thanks guys. I now have resolution....I think. I emailed the seller pointing out that I intended to reject the item as "not as described" on account of it being the wrong brand, second hand and probably the wrong part. They have emailed back with a prepaid label and offer of a full refund when they get the parcel back.

I have photographed everything just in case.

I presume I won't need to raise this with Ebay now??????????

PS: and this is my 3,600th post.
Old 20th April 2017, 16:10   #7
tony062622
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira Auto

I have just started something similar with a seller on there, Advertised part for 75 as used, fair enough but when arrived today the front clips are broken off,(scuttle cover)Have asked for refund and that if he wants item back a prepaid returns form.This was only £12.00 but I dont care. The cover is worse than the one I want to replace.Will let you know what happens.What annoys me with Flea bay is the time it takes to resolve disputes.
tony062622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 16:51   #8
jonathan63
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony062622 View Post
I have just started something similar with a seller on there, Advertised part for 75 as used, fair enough but when arrived today the front clips are broken off,(scuttle cover)Have asked for refund and that if he wants item back a prepaid returns form.This was only £12.00 but I dont care. The cover is worse than the one I want to replace.Will let you know what happens.What annoys me with Flea bay is the time it takes to resolve disputes.
Hope you get that sorted matie.
Old 21st April 2017, 08:34   #9
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan63 View Post
Thanks guys. I now have resolution....I think. I emailed the seller pointing out that I intended to reject the item as "not as described" on account of it being the wrong brand, second hand and probably the wrong part. They have emailed back with a prepaid label and offer of a full refund when they get the parcel back.

Make sure the return is tracked just incase the seller claims they never received it back so there fore can't issue a refund.
Old 21st April 2017, 18:56   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan63 View Post

Were the emails sent and received via the ebay resolution centre, and who is paying for the return postage?

It would have been safer for you to open a 'Return Case' and select the appropriate return option (not as described/faulty/damaged etc).

The ebay return/dispute process would prompt you to upload photo evidence, the seller has the option to respond, also the option to use the ebay prepaid 'tracked' return label which ebay make this available on the return case for you to print off and charge the sellers account the cost of postage. The ebay returns case automatically tracks the parcel and informs you and ebay when the parcel has been delivered.

ebay expect you to only return the item back to the sellers registered return address on file, any other address will cause no end of problems. Some sellers can be dishonest and give you a different return address, or claim parcel was never received, if this happens ebay will do nothing, as you didn't follow the correct return procedure.

The ebay return system is so easy to follow and is safe for both parties, I dont understand why some buyers refuse to take this option.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote