Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th May 2016, 17:31   #1
Elliott
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default 75 not X Type

After looking around at both the 75 and the diesel X type Obviously I opted for the 75 Tourer with as many toys as I could find.

I have recently completed a VOSA course up in Chatterden in Oldham last week and although the strut top mount let me down (being repaired as we speak) near my home on the way back, I was amazed at how nice and quiet the run was, MPG was up to nearly 45 and that's cruising at or about (Ahem) the legal speed with ac on auto at a comfortable 17c.

The other thing that suprised me was the amount of X types I saw, they are down right common as muck, I could count on 1 hand the amount of 75's or MG's be it Saloon or Tourer's that I saw. So to me that screams exclusivity and I've convinced myself of that and I'm a happy bunny, 'cause I made the right choice
Old 30th May 2016, 17:43   #2
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
After looking around at both the 75 and the diesel X type Obviously I opted for the 75 Tourer with as many toys as I could find.

I have recently completed a VOSA course up in Chatterden in Oldham last week and although the strut top mount let me down (being repaired as we speak) near my home on the way back, I was amazed at how nice and quiet the run was, MPG was up to nearly 45 and that's cruising at or about (Ahem) the legal speed with ac on auto at a comfortable 17c.

The other thing that suprised me was the amount of X types I saw, they are down right common as muck, I could count on 1 hand the amount of 75's or MG's be it Saloon or Tourer's that I saw. So to me that screams exclusivity and I've convinced myself of that and I'm a happy bunny, 'cause I made the right choice
You have now been bitten.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2016, 18:33   #3
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post

Plus the 75 won't rot out from underneath you like the X type would have done
Old 30th May 2016, 18:34   #4
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Plus the 75 won't rot out from underneath you like the X type would have done
Why are you not at A&E .

FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote