Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2015, 13:12   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Rover 2.0 diesel connoisseur automatic **SOLD**

The time has come to sell our Royal Blue Metallic 2.0 diesel connoisseur automatic which we have owned since new, so I am offering this in the first instance to forum members.
I am looking for £1,300 for the car with everything listed below
The car was built on 13th Feb 2002 then dealer registered 3rd April 2002 and subsequently purchased by my wife on 6th May 2002.
It is currently on SORN on its original registration of SD02 ASO with 139k on the clock and MOT expiry date is 10th September 2015
This car has been extensively featured on this forum via the following topics where the entire suspension was completely stripped out and new springs and shocks fitted:
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=88491 http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=111878
Included in the sale is; A large A4 binder with every receipt, original invoice and letters between myself and MG Rover,my full word diary log (30 pages), a spreadsheet of all expenses incurred (6 pages) and still to be printed if required a separate spreadsheet showing practically every fuel fill up since new.I also have a copy of the build date information, full MOT history check and my own detailed service check sheets.I am also willing to supply a memory stick with the 100's of photos of the car during its life.
I doubt if there is any Rover 75 currently for sale with so much information about its history.
The Car was serviced for the first three years by Rover main dealers then serviced by myselfever since. The photographs show its general condition which I would say is extremely good especially the interior and as you will see from the forum topics it has undergone some extensive mechanical restoration work.The paintwork does have a few chips and dings in it conclusive with the mileage covered. It has a new windscreen fitted as on the very day we purchased its replacement (Jaguar XF) the car suffered a cracked windscreen. New front wings were recently fitted as the original wings were rusty as a result of the mud flaps wearing the paint down to bare metal.The front drop links have also recently been replaced. As we used the car for towing the last two years the engine was upgraded from 117 to 130 by "MarinaBrian"I intend to remove the tow bar for possible use on my V6
The car drives just the same as the day we purchased it but with better power as a result of the upgrade, the auto gearbox is silky smooth and has been regularly serviced with three oil changes in its lifetime.
The FBH or fuel burning heater although was fully stripped down and serviced including the fuel pump does not fire up. I am sure this only requires the printed circuit repair as per "French Mike" on this forum. I have simply blanked off the radiator with a blind each winter to keep the car running warmer.
The Extras :Full sized alloy wheel,Boot mounted warning triangle,Smiley rear number plate6 disc CD auto changer,Custom built in Garmin Sat Nav,Extra wood trim on centre console at heater controls,Custom made walnut veneer trims to seat sides,Leatherette style handbook wallet which includes original brochure,full set of aftermarket floor mats,Mud flaps to rear only,Handbrake modification,Plenum drain modification,Bonnet release cable modification,Engine upgrade to 130 PS,Custom cruise control modification for easier use of resume on/off.

If anyone is interested please PM me to arrange viewing etc. I live in South Ayrshire near Ayr.
At this moment I have not advertised the car elsewhere.

A couple of shots I missed on first posting, this one shows the sat nav un clipped from the car. The power cable stows neatly under the "eyebrow"

This is the final rear quarter shot and I forgot to say it has all four doors fitted with chromed handle inserts, the original Rover ones. I also recently refurbished the union flag on the boot and replaced the Rover boot logo.

Jim Jamieson

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 8th February 2015 at 13:24.. Reason: Add text and photos
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 14:03   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

I'd bite your hand off if it wasnt so far away.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 14:46   #3
myrover2013
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE in copper leaf red

Default Lovely Lovely car,

Just bought my wife a c4 , last week , if i had came on to the forum sooner, i would have had this one,

it will make someone very happy .sadly not me.
myrover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 15:00   #4
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

absolutely love this
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 16:34   #5
Lacy
Regular poster

None

Beautiful...

PM sent
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 16:56   #6
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
I'd bite your hand off if it wasnt so far away.
Well why don't you buy it and get Alanjay to pick it up for you, he is very reasonable.
Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 21:53   #7
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Thanks guys for all your comments and interest in the Missus's car.
It looks like it wont be sitting too long but I have to say it will be a sad day for Mary when she sees it going down the road as even this afternoon she was singing its praises. It was her car and she covered most of the mileage in it.

BTW I have just realised that there are some diesel only spares in the workshop which will be of little use for my V6 so they will be going with the car.
I'm talking about second hand intercooler hoses and some new I think power steering hoses. They were in a box of spare parts that were being binned from a coachworks my son worked in years back so he brought them home to Dad.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 13:55   #8
GRANDAD LES
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER CONTEMP

Hello, more then interested! When is it available please?

Leslie Hine.
GRANDAD LES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2015, 17:08   #9
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Unhappy

That should sell in no time at all, very reasonably priced in my view. Must be really difficult to let the car go after owning it from new