Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2016, 18:37   #211
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

There's no point blaming Farage, that's akin to blaming Cameron for giving us a Tory government. Neither would able to do anything without a large chunk of support from joe public.
Of course, the new party leader might decide to ignore the vote completely, or perhaps go for the Norway option with free movement of people, but that's not to be recommended if he wants to win the next election. Ignore public opinion, and Farage will still be there eating into his nice fat majority until Corbyn... Yes even him... Finds himself in No10. You see that's why we voted to leave.��

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 28th June 2016, 19:40   #212
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Don't you think they might be just testing the water? After all, we do need a "deal", even though it is "no deal", and no one really believed that prime minister Cameron would have been silly enough to call a referendum and not have a plan B. Is it any wonder everyone is running around like headless chickens.
As for the idea of a second referendum, to agree the final deal? That sounds even more stupid than the first referendum, how many options will it have? Can't really be anything more than a simple yes or no, so what if the answer is No?

Well yes he may be testing the water, especially as he's declaring his candidacy for PM. We absolutely do need a deal, that's what the next 2 odd years of negotiations are about! Although Gove and Co are stringing it out by wanting unofficial negotiations as well, much to the EU's annoyance.

I've been saying for a while I suspect the result of these negotiations could result in a second referendum to accept or not accept the deal they've negotiated, I didn't think Hunt etc would admit as much so soon. To my mind Out means Out, Hunt seems to want shades of grey.

Like you, I think a referendum has to have just two questions. Accept the deal or don't, who knows what happens in that case.

And to both Polly and MGJ, I'm not blaming Farage, quite the reverse! I see him as the mouthpiece of the majority that voted Out. He and the general public will go nuts if the Hunt, Gove, Johnson mob try to water down an EU withdrawal which is clearly what is happening.

People voted for Out and they expect a proper Out. Seems the official campaign team are now renaguing, on this.

And MGJ, I hope you are not comparing yourself to Farage. You may have both recognised the 'danger' eons ago, but he formed a party that got millions of votes at the last GE. I can't stand the guy, and I'm hugely embarrassed to have voted for him once before I saw through him! But he did get people energised.
Old 28th June 2016, 19:56   #213
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Well yes he may be testing the water, especially as he's declaring his candidacy for PM. We absolutely do need a deal, that's what the next 2 odd years of negotiations are about! Although Gove and Co are stringing it out by wanting unofficial negotiations as well, much to the EU's annoyance.

I've been saying for a while I suspect the result of these negotiations could result in a second referendum to accept or not accept the deal they've negotiated, I didn't think Hunt etc would admit as much so soon. To my mind Out means Out, Hunt seems to want shades of grey.

Like you, I think a referendum has to have just two questions. Accept the deal or don't, who knows what happens in that case.

And to both Polly and MGJ, I'm not blaming Farage, quite the reverse! I see him as the mouthpiece of the majority that voted Out. He and the general public will go nuts if the Hunt, Gove, Johnson mob try to water down an EU withdrawal which is clearly what is happening.

People voted for Out and they expect a proper Out. Seems the official campaign team are now renaguing, on this.

And MGJ, I hope you are not comparing yourself to Farage. You may have both recognised the 'danger' eons ago, but he formed a party that got millions of votes at the last GE. I can't stand the guy, and I'm hugely embarrassed to have voted for him once before I saw through him! But he did get people energised.
It takes balls to say that Bob. Nice one! 👍

🏓
Old 28th June 2016, 21:54   #214
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Oh dear
https://www.rt.com/news/348429-europ...d-army-brexit/

Old 28th June 2016, 21:55   #215
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
There's absolutely no doubt that he was the main catalyst for the referendum & if you are an outer then you do owe him a debt of gratitude, whatever your personal feelings for the man.

You have to be made of strong stuff to put your head as far above the parapet as he has for the past few years.

Old 29th June 2016, 17:49   #216
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
You think the comment "Don't make me laugh!" is a personal one against you?

It wasn't - and you know that.

It is a well used idiom "said to someone to show that you cannot take their suggestion seriously"

Why try to infer something "personal" when no such inference existed?
I must have had the devil in me and apologise for what I wrote about inferring anything personal.
Old 29th June 2016, 18:55   #217
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I must have had the devil in me and apologise for what I wrote about inferring anything personal.
No worries - and thanks for the reply - appreciate it.
Old 30th June 2016, 00:50   #218
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Apperently, as per thread title, not going to happen.......

Thread closed as it is has no future... Google it .....

This is a car forum after all....

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Closed Thread