Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

MSS - may I refer you to post 97
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:41   #102
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I guess I'm the only one who thought it/he was an embarrassment.
As an elected MEP he is supposed to represent his nation and constituents in a professional manner.
Instead he acted like an immature child.
Slightly uncomfortable viewing but he has got a point. Could This be the end of the EU gravy train?
Old 3rd July 2016, 08:49   #103
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Yes - I thought his reference to other MEP's not having Jobs was typical of him and was a huge lost opportunity.

If he had been a tad more gracious - he could have carried them with him.

Instead he acted like an idiot and allowed the other MEP's to dismiss him as the idiot that he is.

BUT! - the main points he raised about how the EU simply railroaded countries that had voted against the EU "machine" was well made and hit home.

It just could have been SO much more powerful if he had been more of a Statesman.
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:04   #104
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
As to you first sentence - once again you desperately try to illicit the response you want to infer when the poster said nothing of the sort and in this case clearly explained this to you.

This is clear for all to see.

As for the second sentence - you are either being deliberately obtuse to the point of Trolling - or you really do have a problem with reality and the written word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
You seem to have problems with my posts DD and cannot seem to refrain from responding even when my exchange is with another member.

Now, what is trolling and who is dong it?

Quote:
I have a problem with you MSS because you desperately try to label someone Racist - Farage - and then are guilty of inferring that Wraymond said something on this that he didn't.

Your last but one Post

Originally Posted by mss :-
So, do you think that he is or is not?

I am now even more lost as to the purpose of your post.

Where Wraymond has previously asked you to point out where he ever said anything about Farage on this issue:-

Now, I would be obliged if you would kindly point me to where I have said Farage is or is not a racist. I don't mean your personal inference from my words, I mean actual words having that implication.

I see your actions as creating a Strawman Argument that Wraymond has answered correctly, honestly and courteously.

You - in marked contrast then ask a Question of Wraymond regarding whether Wraymond thinks Farage is a Racist.

I find this use of the Race card objectionable and ask that the Mods review what has been posted here.
Quote:
Could i please register an objection to MSS's insistence that another Poster should answer a question re the Racist status of a politician when the Poster has made it quite clear that he never said anything of the sort.

This is classic Straw-man argument tactics and constitutes Trolling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector-9 View Post
What is a racist and why is racism bad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
With respect, DD, you are quite incorrect.

Wramond's initial post read

Given his post, it was not unreasonable to ask, as part of an exchange of views, his own view on the matter.

To label somone a troll simply because you do not resonate with their viewpoint is extremely rude and a sign of lack of class.
This thread is now closed - I'm sure there will be some who are aghast at my decision. If so please feel free to raise with either the club director, Christopher, or the Lead Mod, Reebs.

I had asked for some decorum but clearly this was a request too much.
Closed Thread