Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: How would you vote now?
Voted remain. Would still vote remain. 23 24.47%
Voted leave. Would now vote remain. 1 1.06%
Voted remain. Would now vote leave. 3 3.19%
Voted leave. Would still vote leave. 67 71.28%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th June 2016, 15:58   #21
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

IF she becomes PM it will be in her sole hands to sort it out without a former PM around.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 21:52   #22
Stickman
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Voted leave + wouldn't change my mind EVER !
Regards
Chris
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 07:01   #23
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts
Default Leaving the EU Feels Like a Death in the Family

Leaving the EU Feels Like a Death in the Family....
...I said this about the same time as this article was written and I still feel the same.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/wayn...?utm_hp_ref=uk
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 09:18   #24
Scaramanga
I really should get out more.......

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

The EU is in essence a political version of what the Nazis tried to obtain in the last world war.

It has erroded our nations ability to make our own laws essentially handing power step by step (remember this has not yet fully manifested) to what is essentially a dictatorial organisation.

This is not only a blatant threat to our freedoms and how we live our lives, but in contradiction to such things as the Manga Carta etc. It also goes against the British constitution - Politicians have no legal right to divest soverign power to a 'foreign' power.

This is exactly what has been happening step by step.

Im glad we are out good ridence to EU medling in our great nation. We managed a few hundred years on our own thankyou very much.

And as for a death in the family feeling, better that than the actual death of our nation, our national identity and culture and the further restriction of our freedoms.

Open your minds and stop accepting what the BBC and other government mouthpieces want you to believe.
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2016, 09:31   #25
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post
The EU is in essence a political version of what the Nazis tried to obtain in the last world war.

It has erroded our nations ability to make our own laws essentially handing power step by step (remember this has not yet fully manifested) to what is essentially a dictatorial organisation.

This is not only a blatant threat to our freedoms and how we live our lives, but in contradiction to such things as the Manga Carta etc. It also goes against the British constitution - Politicians have no legal right to divest soverign power to a 'foreign' power.

This is exactly what has been happening step by step.

Im glad we are out good ridence to EU medling in our great nation. We managed a few hundred years on our own thankyou very much.

And as for a death in the family feeling, better that than the actual death of our nation, our national identity and culture and the further restriction of our freedoms.

Open your minds and stop accepting what the BBC and other government mouthpieces want you to believe.

The Europa plan of 1944 comes to mind
Old 1st July 2016, 10:42   #26
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

I repeat a previous post of mine:-

This is why I voted Out

"The “European Parliament” is not really a Parliament. It lacks even the power to bring forward a bill. The reality is that 28 Commissioners exercise the supreme lawmaking power that was once vested in our elected Parliament in Westminster.

These 28 Commissioners – have the power, under the Treaty of Maastricht, to meet behind closed doors to override in secret any decision of the EU “Parliament” at will, and even to issue “Commission Regulations” that bypass it altogether.

Worse still under the treaty that established the European Stability Pact, it has the power, at will and without consultation, to demand any sum of money, however large, from any member State.

On top of this - every member of that governing body, personally as well as collectively, is entirely immune not only from any civil suit but also from any criminal prosecution.

So Britain’s membership of the European Union effectively took away our democracy altogether

According to the researchers of the House of Commons Library three new laws in five are inflicted upon us solely because the unelected Commissioners require it.

Until last week, our obligation has been to obey, on pain of unlimited fines with no chance of challenging this EU bureaucracy"

I think it bears repeating - it certainly sets out why I for one had HUGE issues with the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGJohn View Post
Good post and so true. My mind was opened about this less than subtle BBC media influence years ago. The BBC did not used to be like that. Too many behind the scenes staff recruited from the steady stream Guardian-ista lefty supply. I used to argue with a close relative who spent most of their working career at the BBC London when told of the increase of left bias recruiting influence in the state broadcaster. Convinced they were wrong about that I now realise it was I that was wrong.

BBC mouthpiece currently bigging up the "Back Stabbing" by Gove as I type this. They have not got a clue. Ken Clarke just finished full "nasty piece of work mode" aligning himself with the Media organ's Back Stabbing stance. He and the rest determined simply not to get it rather than, God forbid, tell it like it is.

No back stabbing involved. It was the Conservative Party having a quiet word or three in Boris Johnson's ear he himself firmly stated yesterday when the media fully expecting the meeting to confirm Boris's standing for the Party Leadership. Wrong, wrong and again wrong. Obvious to me and a few others how things would play out well before yesterday. Given Boris's demeanour in recent days I believe he knew the writing was on the wall sometime ago. I even mentioned my "Sorry Boris" stance earlier on this site before that Bombshell hit the Fan... OK, I like to deploy the occasional mixed wossaname ... occasionally Whole different kettle of ball games..... That is the way the process in the Tory Party usually works. Simple as that just ask one time leader front runner candidates now embittered Heseltine and all the other rejects who were media favourites running for the Tory Top Banana Job.

BBC banging bthe drum giving the impression the whole Tory Party want Gove to step down. wrong again, just a few movers and shakers wanting the very competent Teresa May for the job. No, no and no. She woulkd make an excellent leader but what is required at this time is a LEAVER at the spearhead of lengthy and protracted negotiations ahead.

Otherwise... those 751 MEPs in Brussels will have a big laugh whilst saying.

Mai oui Madame... but you were a REMAINER... cue masses of MEPs in Briussels going into full mode.

I get it, many others get it. So why oh why do the BBC media luvvies not get it? Possibly their covert lefty riddled agenda always having their tell it like they see fit agenda and not how it really is negativity motives.

The media and especially the BBC have had big slap in the face smacked bum whammies with the LEAVE result coupled to the might of Iceland ( population 3 ) teaching our Football team how to play as an effective team, not a bunch of horrendously over rewarded "also ran" individuals. That's some double whammy.

Could be a hat-trick tripe whammy for the media luvvies in the unlikely event (?) that out genuine friends the other side of the Atlantic play the Trump card.

In that event, stand by for the lefty riddled organs to self-destruct.

Apart from that, everything appears to be lovely. The FTSE is at a nine year high ( no way ) and even the pound is moving stronger. So all those tru-Brits ready to place orders for their next new BMW can breath a sigh of relief... It will not cost them more unless our "friends" on the other side of La Manche decide to cut their own noses off to spite their faces...

Unlike hugely disappointing Tory Grandees now like Heseltine and Clarke, I have more faith in my fellow countrymen and women to make it better... OK the I WANT IT NOW types will have to be a little more patient and actually get stuck in and work to make it work like the rest of us...

Chin up folks. Fabulously interesting times ahead.
I was shouting at Jeremy Vine yesterday - what a prize pr@t. He kept saying the UK has "crashed out of the EU"

And when someone pointed out that the FTSE100 had hardly "crashed" - you could tell that all he wanted to do was move on.

Have you noticed he never listens or responds to anyone with a view on something he does not support!

Awful interviewer !

Edit

FTSE100 6526 at 11:40.

Last edited by Dragrad; 3rd July 2016 at 02:37.. Reason: You know the rules...... ;-( Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2016, 14:04   #27
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

voted OUT, and will do again, and again, and again
jonno12 is offline   Reply With Quote