Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th June 2016, 22:09   #1
skyhigh102

Rover 75 Saloon

Question Radio Aerial

I was wondering if anyone here has any idea where I might find the aerial plug, I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I have spent all day trying to find where it could be, I've found the aerial amp and filter behind the rear pillars, but cannot find any plug at the front.
The radio I'm taken out is the Alpine satnav, this has only two small plugs on the back, the radio I'm putting in has two aerial sockets, one for the satnav and one for the radio, I've found the speaker wires behind the ash tray and sorted the power leads, just no aerial.
One of the plugs from the old radio has three screened wires, so I guess maybe one of those is the aerial, and if so, then I'll have to modify it to fit the new radio.

Last edited by skyhigh102; 19th January 2023 at 11:41..
skyhigh102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 22:12   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh102 View Post
I was wondering if anyone here has any idea where I might find the aerial plug, I know that sounds like a stupid question, but I have spent all day trying to find where it could be, I've found the aerial amp and filter behind the rear pillars, but cannot find any plug at the front.
The radio I'm taken out is the Alpine satnav, this has only two small plugs on the back, the radio I'm putting in has two aerial sockets, one for the satnav and one for the radio, I've found the speaker wires behind the ash tray and sorted the power leads, just no aerial.
One of the plugs from the old radio has three screened wires, so I guess maybe one of those is the aerial, and if so, then I'll have to modify it to fit the new radio.
The aerial plug for the Highline system isn't at the front, it's in the wheel well under a plastic cover plugged into the drivers side unit at the bottom.
You will need to unplug it and use an extension lead to the front of the car
Old 29th June 2016, 22:30   #3
skyhigh102

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks Jeff, I was just thinking that myself when I looked at the filter next to the back window, but I didn't know about looking in the boot under the spare wheel, I'll take a look tomorrow, Thank again.
Alan.
skyhigh102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2016, 10:48   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhigh102 View Post
Thanks Jeff, I was just thinking that myself when I looked at the filter next to the back window, but I didn't know about looking in the boot under the spare wheel, I'll take a look tomorrow, Thank again.
Alan.
Don't forget as well, if you have the Highline HK Subwoofer if you wish to retain that working you will have a bit more work to do

Let us know and we can advise if so