Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2007, 19:56   #1
Andyb123
Loves to post

Rover 75 2L CDT Conn Se HiLine SATNAV

Smile Dual tuner radio

Hi all,

I have a simple question regarding the radio in my Conn SE with the HiLine SatNav TV. At the moment to get the TMC function working I have to be tuned into Classic FM, which is no bad thing as I do like classical music, however the kids hate it. Is it possible to have a dual tuner radio so that one channel can be locked onto Classic FM and the other used to tune in to what my kids refer to as good music?

Would such a device simply replace the existing tuner and how easey would it be to do the upgrade.

I guess the likes of Keith would be most knowledgeable on this subject. Thanks to all who read and reply to this post.

Cheers,

Andy
Andyb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 20:50   #2
SKUDman
Avid contributor

Rover75 saloon

My hi line works TMC even if I'm listening to something else, although classic fm is tuned in to presets. But bet Keith is all knowing on this (no pressure)
SKUDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 20:50   #3
DeeCee
Regular poster

none

You need a BMW twin tuner BM24 radio... straight plugin replacement for MGR HiLine Sat Nav Radio.
Checkout Bazza's post.... on .org, search for "Hi-line Head Unit Change"

About the fourth picture down you will see a BM24 type Radio display, similar but compressed display on 4:3 screen.
You will see the Radio is on HALLAM and TMC is green

Last edited by GreyGhost; 13th January 2007 at 20:58.. Reason: Removed link, added thread title.
DeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2007, 23:52   #4
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKUDman View Post
My hi line works TMC even if I'm listening to something else, although classic fm is tuned in to presets. But bet Keith is all knowing on this (no pressure)
The TMC might be displayed but it has to be GREEN to be Working. Always works on Classic FM and on a Few other Stations,dependant on where you are in UK but to get it working Regardless of Station you are on You Need the BM24 or better the BM54 from BMW as these have Twin Tuners fitted. You do see them on EBay now and then but new they are Mega Money. As DEECEE put it so well, but many people think TMC is working just cause it shows but must be GREEN.

It will of course switch to TMC if using CD or Cassette instead of Radio.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 13th January 2007 at 23:55..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 01:05   #5
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

im sure ive never seen mine green...

but I get the little bridge signs when in the right areas (is this tmc??)

I have also had the warning of traffic build up warnings in the instrument panel,(definately what I assumed was TMC) but I thought I was on radio at the time ???
Maybe I was on cd
I have classic on a preset, but certainly wasn't listening to it at the time...

NIck.
NOCTURNAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2007, 08:13   #6
JohnDotCom

Nick, It does all sound confusing I know, TMC will give You Audio Alerts (in same voice as that used for directions) of Problems Ahead using the HIGHLINE Sat/Nav System when using your Sat Nav System to find your way, It also gives a complete List of Problems Visually on the TV screen if you look under Traffic Info, showing Road Number How many Miles Ahead, and How Long Delay or Length of Delay & what the problem is. I think you may find if you are getting the Warnings coming up on the Instrument display that is Traffic Master unless you have the Lo Line Sat Nav Installed of Course. (HighLine is when you have the TV Screen in Cetre Console. Im sure Keith/Bazza/ will be along soon to Clarify further, where are they when you need them?

Will try Post some Photos later when I get back home & Pick up Camera (much easier visually)

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 14th January 2007 at 09:58..
Old 14th January 2007, 10:03   #7
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

Thanks for that John..
To clarify, but only slightly LOL
I have highline, I live in Norfolk (The land that time forgot) and only rememeber seeing the 'bridges' constantly on two roads LOL
and have never come across any 'incident' hehe

apart from the one delay in Lowestoft, that I refferred to above..
I have consulted the boss, and she confirms that we probably had the cd on when we had the message, and (vaguely) we think it was one voice comand of the problem follwed by a list on the screen if that makes sense?

I've started to listen to the radio again of late, as my old cars cd player 'gave up the ghost' but theres about 7 cd's between us this crimbo, so better get some new material in the changer... Shame it's not more than 6 at a time BUT hey it works

Nick.

Old 14th January 2007, 17:50   #8
JohnDotCom

Smile TMC How to Tell If Working & what it should look like.

Here it is then Some pictures of What the TMC should act like, I have taken these on the 4:3 screen version to avoid confusion, as not so many people have the 16:9 Screen size:

Photo 1. Shows TMC at bottom of Screen Not Working as not Green
Photo 2 Shows TMC working as it is now in Green Colour. (Generally Need to be on Classic FM to Work).
Photo 3 Shows Traffic Information Sub Heading Select Traffic Information
Photo 4 Shows Further Menu select Message List
Photo 5 Shows all traffic Problems on your programmed Route or distance from your location to any problems if no route programmed.

Scroll down the Traffic problems and Select the one that you are concerned about, this will then open up into another screen to show exact problem. (Photo in my next Post.)

If you have Programmed in a Route the TMC will alert you to any problems audibly stating problem and how many miles, you can then update your route to avoid problem.

For this Function to work all the time you need to change to a BMW Radio Unit BM24 or BM54 which is a Straight swap and with Dual Tuners gives you the Information regardless of what Station you are on.

All this is not to be Confused with the Traffic Master which is displayed on the Instrument Cluster upper Display.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 14th January 2007 at 18:25.. Reason: Updated Information.
Old 14th January 2007, 18:07   #9
JohnDotCom

Default TMC What it should look like when working.

This is the Selected Traffic Problem which as you will see shows: Delay in Minutes, Location, Length of Problem in Miles and any other relevant information.

I Hope this helps people to understand the workings of the TMC on High Line Sat/Nav systems, any further questions, please ask.

Reason for two Postings is Maximum of 5 Photos per Post.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 14th January 2007 at 18:16..
Old 14th January 2007, 20:40   #10
NOCTURNAL
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-260SE

well this line
Quote:
All this is not to be Confused with the Traffic Master which is displayed on the Instrument Cluster upper Display.
Is the one that made all become cear for me....

Sorry for being a complete numpty....

Nick