Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd August 2018, 23:53   #1
cahill17
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon

Default Dillema

After selling my 75 in may this year I had decided in my head no more 75s for me I needed a more practical family car .I bought myself a Renault scenic not a bit of bother from her despite all the scare stories about French motors .her last not in July cost me £150 not bad at all a real familly car loads of space and so easy to get in and out of .Today while in work notice this cracking 75 pulling into the car park a raven black Connie on a y plate .Now since selling my 75 my boss has been looking for one so every 75 I see for sale I tell him about it.SO the guy in the black Connie comes in the shop I am straight there telling him how much I love these cars He gives me all the history about his car its a 2.5 v 6 four new tyres new not belts recently done then he says he is looking to sell as he has been offered a car from a family member at a knockdown price How much you want for her I ask £350 he says As I said earlier I bought my last car with my head my heart belongs to rovers I miss the meets and the support from the guys on the forum .but can I afford to run two cars ? Am going to the guys house on Sunday to give the car a test drive and we will take from there here's hoping guys
cahill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 09:54   #2
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default You know....

You know it is inevitable mate....

There is no cure....

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 10:07   #3
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Nice to see you back Alan! Sounds like a steal, I’m sure you’ll be the owner of a Raven Black 75 by the end of the weekend...... I know what you mean about the Scenic, we’ve one too. Apart from replacing the droplinks it hasn’t given any problems despite being an ex hire car. Didn’t find out until the new V5 arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 15:16   #4
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

If you have the space (and preferably a garage), why not have the 75 for a summer car - Taxed and insured from September-March, and keep the Renault to take the muck and danger of the winter months. A sound (Mk1?) Scenic is a lot easier to find cheap than a good Rover with a spec you like, so treat the Renault as the expendable one, and pamper the Rover! Early Scenic/Megane is on my list of undervalued, cheap and reliable cars for the future (if/when I get fed-up with the Rover).
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2018, 06:59   #5
Outlaw 41
Loves to post

MG ZT

You know it makes sense . I sold my ZT to buy a more practical car which i kept for 4 years, but every day no matter how much i tried to love the new car i could not stop missing the ZT. Dont get me wrong the new car ( a mk5 Astra)didnt put a foot wrong and was a real mile muncher but it just didnt fill the void . My advice , what are you waiting for ? GO AND GET IT !!!!!!
Outlaw 41 is offline   Reply With Quote