Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th April 2016, 21:49   #111
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Thanks for the reports and pics of the days events
Have been to Coventry motor museum before and it really is surprising how good it is

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2016, 22:01   #112
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Felt so sorry for you guys this morning on hearing it was all cancelled. At least you managed to salvage something out of the day so, I guess it didn't turn out too bad.
Some great pics too, thanks for posting.

Hope you all enjoy the National/chocolate tomorrow

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 07:14   #113
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

A grass field/park is always a risky location especially for a high number of cars and people. Perhaps the organisers should consider asking MG if the factory across the road would allow the event to be held on their site. Holding this event in Longbride woul be soo appropriate.
Old 17th April 2016, 07:48   #114
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yella Fella View Post
A grass field/park is always a risky location especially for a high number of cars and people. Perhaps the organisers should consider asking MG if the factory across the road would allow the event to be held on their site. Holding this event in Longbride woul be soo appropriate.
That is an outstanding idea
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 08:05   #115
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post
That is an outstanding idea
Here here that sounds like a smashing idea. Depends if the chinese would have it though
Old 17th April 2016, 10:11   #116
Lee hawker

Mg ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Ok, I've heard that there is a Facebook group gathering at the Licky hills country park, but that it has limited or no amenities and is on grass.
I was there and can confirm there was a cafe, toilets, reasonably hard standing ground with a veiw of the factory, the like mined MG Rover enthusiast that attended were a great bunch with around 50 cars

Last edited by Lee hawker; 17th April 2016 at 10:21..
Lee hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2016, 15:06   #117
Zircon
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Club SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
What a cracking day.
Up at 7:30 am at the premier in Rubery where we spent the Friday night with others, only to be greeted by snow and the news the POL was cancelled. headed to the M&S carpark to be met by the police who told us the rover meet was not allowed and we wouldn't be allowed to stop and we should go on our merry way, parked up and had a chat with Reebs who was doing his absolute best to make head or tail as to what the situation was. Coventry motor museum was mentioned as a possible venue and we heard a few cars had decided to go there.
Set off to Coventry Museum and we were some of the first cars to park on the area directly in front of the doors of the Museum, right in the centre of town, we filled the car park with around 70 cars of all rover and zt variants, many clubs, one interest, just how it should be. Excellent museum and just across the road far too many shop for the wife. Reebs arrived later in the day and like us suitably impressed.

Two tables booked in the premier inn tonight, one for 12 and another for 25!!

And all that chocolate to look forward to tomorrow.......

Hi Dave,

It was great to meet you in person at last - and even if it felt like being in the Wacky Races (with me as Muttley) - trekking around the West Midlands - we got to the excellent Coventry Transport Museum for what turned out to be a great, if unexpected day there. And many thanks for ensuring I now have two working Vis motors.

All the best,

Nicholas/Zircon
Zircon is online now   Reply With Quote