Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th January 2017, 17:11   #351
Muck
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi,
I've tried all the things that you have tried. No success with the delivered Igo.
I downloaded Igo Next Gen and this works perfectly. No shouting TTS voices anymore.
The only issue with the Navall Star that remains is the DAB app not working with equalizer and subwoofer.
Sean promised an update last year, but until now there is nothing.

Cheers
Muck
Old 18th January 2017, 17:21   #352
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Hi Stuart/Muck
Have still no feedback regarding DAB/DTV settings. Have now lost all faith in any meaningfull support once the Navall units are purchased. You would think that after over a thousand installations in 9 years that all problems like ours would be quickly resolved.
Peterd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2017, 22:34   #353
Djangoz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Bluetooth OBD11 Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djangoz View Post
Hi Sean,
Have PMd you on this question but not sure if it sent or not and no answer received so far - so repeating my question here.

I've been enjoying getting to know my new Navall Star. Recently you supplied me with an ELM327 Bluetooth OBD adapter and the day before yesterday I downloaded Torque and tried to use it. Unfortunately no matter what I tried, the OBD unit showed no desire to pair with the Navall. I tried switching "auto pair" on and off and tried 0000 and 1234 as pass codes but no success. Same problem trying to use the adapter with the Bluetooth OBD app supplied with the Navall Star. Tried again yesterday for an hour or so without success. The lights cycle briefly on the adapter when you plug it in and then the steady red led stays illuminated.
I happened to have a WiFi version of the ELM327 already so I tried that with the Torque app and it appears to work fine. (Slightly suspicious that there are absolutely no error codes detected whatsoever but it does seem to be communicating with the ECU ok!).
Any suggestions as to what the problem might be with the Bluetooth connection?
Incidentally the Star works fine with my iPhone 6s on Bluetooth and I made sure my phone was not in range last time I tried in case it was competing for the "lock" so to speak.
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Kind regards
Andrew
Hi Sean,
Just a quick note to say thanks for sending me the second Bluetooth OBD11 adaptor - I'm glad to say it's working perfectly so it seems you were right and the first one must indeed have been faulty.
Many thanks for the good service you are continuing to offer.
Cheers
Andrew👍
Djangoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 13:58   #354
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi Stuart

I found the choice of voice in IGO seems to be overridden by whatever TTS engine you have in. All that changing the settings there seems to do is change between TTS and normal voices. If set to use TTS it uses Pico, or Vocalizer - or whatever other one you have installed.

Regarding volume does the volume slider in IGO have no effect? It seems to work on the Nav 3 OK.

There are some entries in the IGO SYS.TXT file that can change relative volumes etc. I have edited mine to add two blocks. The first block of lines in the text at the end is to turn off the speed camera alerts completely.

The second set (under sound) lets you set a percentage of the main head unit volume that IGO will use ( I THINK!) . There are lots of articles out there on tweaking this file and some seem to contradict and some only work on some versions of IGO on some hardware - so it can be confusing. Provided you take a backup copy of sys.txt first you can always go back. I played with these a few months ago, but can't remember all the options that made it change.

I have read other threads about IGO volume being set on the star by changing the volume when IGO is in use.

Now I have it set to stop the camera alerts and a good voice I actually really like IGO. It looks a bit "blocky" on first use but is actually very clear to read which is I think the aim.

Good luck

Mike

-------------------------

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=0
speedcam_warning=0
is_spoken=0

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1
ding_muted=0
pause_mp3_sooner=1
sound_volume = 100
voice_volume = 100

MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2017, 14:55   #355
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJohn View Post
Hi Stuart

I found the choice of voice in IGO seems to be overridden by whatever TTS engine you have in. All that changing the settings there seems to do is change between TTS and normal voices. If set to use TTS it uses Pico, or Vocalizer - or whatever other one you have installed.

Regarding volume does the volume slider in IGO have no effect? It seems to work on the Nav 3 OK.

There are some entries in the IGO SYS.TXT file that can change relative volumes etc. I have edited mine to add two blocks. The first block of lines in the text at the end is to turn off the speed camera alerts completely.

The second set (under sound) lets you set a percentage of the main head unit volume that IGO will use ( I THINK!) . There are lots of articles out there on tweaking this file and some seem to contradict and some only work on some versions of IGO on some hardware - so it can be confusing. Provided you take a backup copy of sys.txt first you can always go back. I played with these a few months ago, but can't remember all the options that made it change.

I have read other threads about IGO volume being set on the star by changing the volume when IGO is in use.

Now I have it set to stop the camera alerts and a good voice I actually really like IGO. It looks a bit "blocky" on first use but is actually very clear to read which is I think the aim.

Good luck

Mike

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=0
speedcam_warning=0
is_spoken=0

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1
ding_muted=0
pause_mp3_sooner=1
sound_volume = 100
voice_volume = 100

Hello Mike

Thank you very assisting. If I have all volume levels in igo and in the head unit at zero the voice still shouts out. The only way to stop it is to mute, which of course defeats the object.

I have Google, Pico & Vocalizer installed and it's the same on them all.

Now, I did not have the "sound_volume" lines in my sys.txt so I added them. It made no difference with the setting at 100, but I reduced it down to 50 and then 10 and each time when making a voice selection (to get TTS) the volume had reduced. However, once I get into selecting a new route she still shouts at me. Although the volume is at 0 even turning up does not increase the volume, so something between the IGO program and the head unit don't appear to be talking to each other! Perhaps there is something else missing from my sys.txt.

This is what I have:-

[device]
devtype_fallback_to_model=1

[android]
fullscreen=1
;tablet=0
has_physical_home_button=0
create_sdcard_dir=0
show_status_bar=0
getdeviceid_trycount=0
upside_down_bug=1
;navigation_audio_stream=4

[rawdisplay]
force_renderer="RENDER_MOYA"
driver=engine
screen_xy="auto"
;driver="gdi"
;highres=1

[interface]
;vga=1
extra_settings=1
save_checksum=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
minzoom2d=15
;show_glonass=1

[debug]
imei="android.os.Build.SERIAL"
skip_eula=1
screenshotsavecameraini=0
experimental_features=1
show_signpost=1
show_lane_info=1
show_junction_view=1

[navigation]
junction_view_blink_time=500
junction_view_blink_time_no_lane=500
junction_view_on_highways_only=0
junction_view_type="mixed"
;junction_view_type="NQ"
;junction_view_content_resolution_override="auto"

[gps]
location_net=1
location_gps=1
accuracy_workaround=0
background_navigation=1

[modules]
IGPS_DRIVER="ANDROID_NGPS_DRIVER"

[folders]
linked_root_list="/storage/extSDCard/iGO /storage/sdcard2/iGO /sdcard2/iGO /sdcard/external_sd/iGO /ext_card/iGO /mnt/_ExternalSD/iGO /mnt/emmc/iGO /mnt/extern_sd/iGO /mnt/external_sd/iGO /mnt/exsdcard/iGO /mnt/ext_card/iGO /mnt/ext_sd/iGO /mnt/extsd/iGO /mnt/extSdCard/iGO /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD/iGO /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/iGO /mnt/sdcard/ExtStorages/iGO /mnt/sdcard/extStorages/SdCard/iGO /mnt/sdcard2/iGO /storage/sdcard1/iGO /storage/sdcard0/iGO /storage/iGO /sdcard/sd/iGO /mnt/sdcard-ext/iGO /mnt/sdcard/sd/iGO /mnt/sd/iGO /mnt/sdcard/iGO /mnt/iGO /sdcard/iGO /storage/sdcard1/iGO /mnt/sdcard1/iGO /mnt/ext/SdCard/iGO /storage/ext/SdCard/iGO /storage/emulated/0/iGO"
has_secondary_root=0
;android_secondary_root_path="/mnt/sdcard/addons"

[feature]
back_exit=1
back_button=1
contact_poi=1
tmc_event_coloring=1
signpost_coloring=1

[other]
demo_enabled=0

[poi]
provider_filtering=1
featured_provider="netlocalsearch.naviextras.nokia "

[poi.netlocalsearch.naviextras]
services="nokia,google"

[2d]
traffic_lights=1

[3d]
usepolyfarroads=0

[hnr]
ignored_missing_country_ids=*

[route]
hnr_ignored_missing_country_ids=*

[camera.roundabout]
enabled=0
centery=20

[map_update_checker]
enabled=0

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1
ding_muted=1
pause_mp3_sooner=1
sound_volume = 10
voice_volume = 10

[network]
available=1

[http]
enabled=1

[tmc.src.http]
enabled=1

[traffic.settings]
traffic_enabled=1

[tmc-http]
enabled=1
start=1
servers.size=1
servers[0].url="http://tmchttp0.naviextras.com/nng-igo-tmc-russia/0/"
;servers[0].url="http://tmchttp0.naviextras.com/nng-igo-tmc-iphone/0/"

[naviextras]
boot_service_address="http://zippy.naviextras.com/services/index/rest/2/boot"

[services]
software_download_location="http://www.igomaps.co.il/Jquery_Report.html"
server_addr="https://android.naviextras.com/"

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=1
speedcam_warning=1
is_spoken=1

Cheers

Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 09:38   #356
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

HI Stuart

That has me beaten then I am afraid. Tweaking them works fine on the 3, and if changing the entries in sys.txt does nothing I would assume it is a setting outside IGO that is doing it.

Does the Star have something that allows you to set relative volumes of different sources? The 3 does not (as far as I am aware) but later versions of Android do so that could be overriding whatever IGO tells it to do.

Can Sean or Jeff help? Its odd some people hit this and not others.

Good luck

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 09:53   #357
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

I've had an ownice c500 in for testing Android 6 and in the engineer menu there are loads of sound setting for different aspects of the OS.

Maybe worth a look as it's basically a navall.

1260 is the code if that's any use to you?
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 10:23   #358
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Thank you Julian and Mike.

Yes there is a hidden menu with various settings including volume. The code on the star is 8888. These seem to set the default volumes for media, navigation, blue tooth etc, but I have set all these to 0 and it makes no difference to TCS voices. ( it does for normal voices though). Obviously I'very tried the standard volumes controls on the star and in I go, but I just get no control over the volume of the TTS voice.

Sean has said he would look into it as well, but I can imagine how busy he must be with so many things to deal with.

I will persevere, but if all else fails may just have to buy some different navigation software, which seems a shame. It worked very well on my original wince unit I bought from Sean 7 years ago.

Cheers

Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 11:29   #359
jubbarelly

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

I put Tom Tom go on this ownice and the sat nav voice was spot on in volume etc.
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 12:24   #360
tony_fry

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartB View Post
Thank you Julian and Mike.

Yes there is a hidden menu with various settings including volume. The code on the star is 8888. These seem to set the default volumes for media, navigation, blue tooth etc, but I have set all these to 0 and it makes no difference to TCS voices. ( it does for normal voices though). Obviously I'very tried the standard volumes controls on the star and in I go, but I just get no control over the volume of the TTS voice.

Sean has said he would look into it as well, but I can imagine how busy he must be with so many things to deal with.

I will persevere, but if all else fails may just have to buy some different navigation software, which seems a shame. It worked very well on my original wince unit I bought from Sean 7 years ago.

Cheers

Stuart
Has anyone download IVOX TTS? you can adjust the volume from the TTS and do not need to touch any settings on iGo apart from pointing iGo to the correct voice.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote