Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st October 2016, 08:26   #21
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
That may have originated from me I think.

I have updated my maps since then, but now it reports them as out of date again.
Where did you get the maps from Harry?

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 09:21   #22
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fry View Post
Where did you get the maps from Harry?
I downloaded them from some(?) site along with a skin.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2016, 10:23   #23
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
I downloaded them from some(?) site along with a skin.
MMM, you do have to be carful what you download, some people say it's the newest maps, but they simply change the name, the only way to check is load the maps and then go into the settings on iGo and see what day is showing on the map.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 18:21   #24
meterman66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny SE Starlight Silver

Quote:
There are two parts needed to be on the card and in the correct locations on the card - the IGO system and its files, then the maps.

You may be in a position of having new maps on one card, IGO plus old maps on the other.

The new card might have all you need already in place. The easy way to check is to fit the card in the GPS slot and see what happens. You might need to reconfigure the unit, so it looks for IGO.EXE in the correct folder.

If IGO is missing from you new maps card, I would be inclined to suggest your buying a third blank card to experiment with, leaving the two you have as they are. Onto that I would copy everything on the old map card, then write the new maps over top.

Without knowing exactly what you have, it is difficult to advise.
Hi Harry

I've been tearing my hair out over the wince unit I purchased 2nd hand and have been reading everything dd wince related on the forum.....

My problem is that the when the navi button is pushed i just get a blue screen no menu's or settings nothing but a blank blue screen....

If I look at the sdcard on my laptop I can see IGO9.exe file and reffering to your post above you state "you may have to configure the headunit so it looks for IGO.exe in the correct folder....How do I do this??

many thanks for any light you can shed on this

Regards

Col
meterman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 20:14   #25
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by meterman66 View Post
Hi Harry

If I look at the sdcard on my laptop I can see IGO9.exe file and reffering to your post above you state "you may have to configure the headunit so it looks for IGO.exe in the correct folder....How do I do this??
Sorry Col, it is such a long time ago since I had to do it, I cannot even remember. I would need to wade back through the forums to find it. Tony_fry is quite knowledgeable on these things, if he is still around, try PM'ing him.

I vaguely remember it would ask you to browse to the files location and click on the correct file/location, if it didn't find the file it expected, but you are saying yours is blue screening, which is odd.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2017, 21:48   #26
Radioguy
Banned

None

HI Col

I am not sure which unit is yours but have a Look here on our Channel, Theremay be some other videos to help there too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpUps2STY4Y

Or this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3hU1zWIF-Y

Cheers

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote