Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 20:52   #21
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Hardly likely as he has made 588 posts.-----
OP has made 4 posts John
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 21:01   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
OP has made 4 posts John
Ooooooops

Hurrying I looked at the wrong guys post count.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 21:48   #23
Rotherschild

ROVER 75 Saloon

Thank you for all the help and advise I will revisit the site once I'm the proud owner of a Rover 75 V8
Rotherschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 21:53   #24
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotherschild View Post
Thank you for all the help and advise I will revisit the site once I'm the proud owner of a Rover 75 V8
Here's a link to help you, so see you shortly. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2528213037...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 22:09   #25
Forestgreen
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6 saloon

If your garage renewed the timing belt on a V6 then (a) they should really do the water pump at the same time - if not, the pump will eventually leak and belts need refitting, and (b) they will have just done around £400 worth of work to your car that will stand it in good stead for the next six years. So not sure why you would want to return the car.

The V8 also has belts - only the diesel had a chain. The V8 such as that advertised above is surely an appreciating classic. Whether that justifies paying about 5x the price of a V6 only you can decide.
Forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 04:30   #26
Sector-9
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT manual Tourer

The problem is so many traders list Rovers as having BMW or Honda engines even if they haven't because a) Rover engines reputation was ruined by HGF on the K, and b) the general public doesn't know any better (nor can be bothered to check).

I suspect the car was misdescribed - either purposely or through ignorance (which is unacceptable if selling cars is your business), so the OP has every right to return it if he specifically wanted a chain-driven engine, though unless he asks questions here or researches exactly what engines Rover offered in the 75, he'll probably fall for the next wrong advert too.
Old 22nd March 2017, 05:49   #27
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen View Post

The V8 also has belts - only the diesel had a chain. ................whether that justifies paying about 5x the price of a V6 only you can decide.
I don't know what to say, but maybe you would be kind enough to let me know which belts on the V8 you are talking about?
Old 22nd March 2017, 06:55   #28
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestgreen View Post
If your garage renewed the timing belt on a V6 then (a) they should really do the water pump at the same time - if not, the pump will eventually leak and belts need refitting, and (b) they will have just done around £400 worth of work to your car that will stand it in good stead for the next six years. So not sure why you would want to return the car.

The V8 also has belts - only the diesel had a chain. The V8 such as that advertised above is surely an appreciating classic. Whether that justifies paying about 5x the price of a V6 only you can decide.
The V8 does not have belts apart from the serpentine one which can be changed in minutes
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 07:02   #29
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector-9 View Post
The problem is so many traders list Rovers as having BMW or Honda engines even if they haven't because a) Rover engines reputation was ruined by HGF on the K, and b) the general public doesn't know any better (nor can be bothered to check).

I suspect the car was misdescribed - either purposely or through ignorance (which is unacceptable if selling cars is your business), so the OP has every right to return it if he specifically wanted a chain-driven engine, though unless he asks questions here or researches exactly what engines Rover offered in the 75, he'll probably fall for the next wrong advert too.
You are so right on this - but ignorance is not just with car salespeople - I have seen Discovery Td5's described as having BMW engines. And I have read a newspaper motoring page review that actually stated that the Td5 was a BMW unit.

The Td4 (M47 derivative) and the Td6 (six cylinder used in the P38 RR) were BMW units but the 5 cylinder Td5 was a Land Rover designed unit.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote