Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th September 2016, 15:01   #1
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts
Default WinCE Map update question

My secondhand WinCE is now installed and working a treat. However, when I got it, the seller said the maps had been updated last year. Now that its in, I have found the maps in the GPS slot are really old, and the card in the music slot is actually the maps from last year.

So obviously the map updates were put in the wrong slot. Can I just put the newer version card in the GPS slot and it will work, or do I need to do some kind of loading procedure?

I've read the instructions but can't find anything about it - to be honest they're a bit vague, and I don't want to mess it up considering its currently working well, just out of date. Googled it as well, but keep getting software not map videos!

Cheers

Dawn
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 15:14   #2
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

The maps on their own won't work you also need the operating system like Igo, primo etc. It sounds like you already have that as the system is working. On you second card pop it into your pc and you can identify exactly what data is on there, if you got igo then just replace the original card with the new one.

You have to tell the unit the path for the operating system but that is quite straight forward, the operating system boot file is something like igo.exe from memory.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 15:23   #3
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

Yes its IGO8, and the current outdated maps are IGO too, so I just pop the new card into the GPS slot and in the future when I update, I do the same?

Thank you
Old 11th September 2016, 15:47   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitts View Post
Yes its IGO8, and the current outdated maps are IGO too, so I just pop the new card into the GPS slot and in the future when I update, I do the same?

Thank you
There are two parts needed to be on the card and in the correct locations on the card - the IGO system and its files, then the maps.

You may be in a position of having new maps on one card, IGO plus old maps on the other.

The new card might have all you need already in place. The easy way to check is to fit the card in the GPS slot and see what happens. You might need to reconfigure the unit, so it looks for IGO.EXE in the correct folder.

If IGO is missing from you new maps card, I would be inclined to suggest your buying a third blank card to experiment with, leaving the two you have as they are. Onto that I would copy everything on the old map card, then write the new maps over top.

Without knowing exactly what you have, it is difficult to advise.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 16:21   #5
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

Barry who I got it off just told me they're from Radioguy, so I'm assuming its good to go with everything? If I open the IGO folder it has a lot more than maps in there. I just need to know in case I get future updates how I go on.

Sorry, I'm a double din newbie lol!
Old 11th September 2016, 17:03   #6
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

If you get any future updates to the maps, Radioguy will either send you the file, or you can get a new sd card. Just move the old files from your card to somewhere on your computer, then copy the new files onto your card Lemon squeezy
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 19:17   #7
KevF6
Loves to post

Rover 75

I am also DD newbie - radioguy (Sean) is sending mine out as we speak. I am hoping the maps are up to date fingers crossed!

Done:
New leather & walnut steering wheel, headlight restore, new badges to rear & engine, walnut facia trims, full size spare wheel, timing belts, Plenum spy hole, DD head unit.

• This vehicle was the 67,855th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
• This vehicle was the 2,457th 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
KevF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 18:44   #8
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

I swapped the card tonight to see what happened. It took two minutes to seem to load things, and now the whole thing seems to have updated?! The screen graphics are different, and where there was a little red squiggle for a car, I swear it looks like a R75 now! (Please tell me I'm not imagining it)

Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing with it yet. I can't seem to get out of the sat nav back to the other menus. I think I need to print the instructions, as on the PDF the page numbers are all over the place and I get lost hehe...

Lost with a sat nav...sounds about right
Old 21st September 2016, 08:53   #9
KevF6
Loves to post

Rover 75

As has been said already, it's quite easy once you know lol. I am a DD newbie too.

My maps were a little old on my iGO8 but Sean simply sent me updated ones. Then it's a simple case of copying them over to the Content/Maps folder. Then when in the sat nav in the car select the maps in the settings.

I also tweaked the car size a bit as I wanted the car icon to be bigger. So I increased the values in the sys.txt file and it's much better now. It actually makes it much easier to navigate. I'll post a pic when I get a sec.

I also installed iGO Primo to see what it was like but prefer the iGO8 so went back to that.

Done:
New leather & walnut steering wheel, headlight restore, new badges to rear & engine, walnut facia trims, full size spare wheel, timing belts, Plenum spy hole, DD head unit.

• This vehicle was the 67,855th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
• This vehicle was the 2,457th 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671

Last edited by KevF6; 21st September 2016 at 09:25..
KevF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2016, 09:08   #10
Dawn

MG ZT 180+ auto

I just swapped the whole card and it appeared to just reload it. Its different now, so must have worked! Before I had a little red brick for a car and now its a 75. I now also seem to get camera �� warnings via an alarm even when listening music. It didn't do that before, either!