Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th March 2017, 06:48   #11
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

I bought a Kodi fully loaded box,I did use it but found it very slow to stream anything,it found a new home in the cupboard .

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 06:55   #12
pm77
Gets stuck in

Volvo XC70 D5 AWD Auto

The use of Kodi or any other streaming software is legal to use. It's the person your streaming from (who has the copy stored on their computer) who is breaking the law.... at the moment.

"If you use software to stream video – be it a home video your Uncle Bob just uploaded or the latest Ben Affleck movie - is not in itself illegal. You’re viewing a temporary copy of the video, which won’t be stored for the long term on a hard drive or any other form of storage."

"Article 5 of Directive 2001/29/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2001 on the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society must be interpreted as meaning that the copies on the user’s computer screen and the copies in the internet ‘cache’ of that computer’s hard disk, made by an end-user in the course of viewing a website, satisfy the conditions that those copies must be temporary, that they must be transient or incidental in nature and that they must constitute an integral and essential part of a technological process, as well as the conditions laid down in Article 5(5) of that directive, and that they may therefore be made without the authorisation of the copyright holders."
Old 8th March 2017, 07:34   #13
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm77 View Post
The use of Kodi or any other streaming software is legal to use. It's the person your streaming from (who has the copy stored on their computer) who is breaking the law.... at the moment.

The OP is not about the end users. It's the people who put these video pirating boxes together that are in trouble: what they are doing is illegal (in the UK at least). Buying one of these pirating boxes is a grey area. Streaming pirated content for viewing is currently legal. However in the UK there's an ongoing game of whack-a-mole going on, in which the streaming sites are being 'blocked' (DNS 'poisoned' or requests redirected) at a national level in attempts to block access to these sites by UK residents.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 11:35   #14
Phill_190
Gets stuck in

MG ZT Saloon

I have an amazon fire stick loaded with kodi and I find it brilliant. It does cost a bit more than the android boxes but much more user friendly. I dont really feel bad about using it as I have virgin media, a cineworld unlimited card and Netflix so I contribute to the film industry
Phill_190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 12:59   #15
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

The area of sky that grates with me is the Number of useless channels in the 2 main packages that I haveto pay for !!.

Out of the hundreds of those available I think I actually watch about 60 and that includes the + 1 's and free ones .

I don't want to pay for all the Foreign news, Religious tripe, and Asian channels.

I would suggeest Sky do a 10 20 & 30 pound subs and allow peeps to choose from say 100 , 200 or 300 channels . that would certainly suit me!!

C.
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2017, 14:13   #16
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
The area of sky that grates with me is the Number of useless channels in the 2 main packages that I haveto pay for !!.

Out of the hundreds of those available I think I actually watch about 60 and that includes the + 1 's and free ones .

I don't want to pay for all the Foreign news, Religious tripe, and Asian channels.

I would suggeest Sky do a 10 20 & 30 pound subs and allow peeps to choose from say 100 , 200 or 300 channels . that would certainly suit me!!

C.
Trouble is that will never happen because they want more and more money from you

I did read somewhere that 95% of channels are free to air,so in reality we pay through the nose for whatever portion of the 5% we subcribe to

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote