Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 20:53   #51
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Agree with most of the above.
Drivers door only opening is a Great security feature !
All windows open and close on the key. But not on the remote ?
Remote Webasto ambient air temp cooling on a very rare hot day when inside the car is like an oven on return. This is a good one I've used a few times.
Map reading lights that impair night vision. I have wired a mini L.e.d.spot light behind my mirror pointing down and taken the bulb out of drivers side map light so that it works off the switch.
It wouldn't have cost anymore at design and manufacturing stage if they were recessed or shielded
crazy frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 21:18   #52
Mike24
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTI Auto Saloon Connoisseur SE

The reflection of the light in the clock on the screen does get annoying at night, I am planning on taking the clock apart if possible to see if it can be shielded some how.

Do you know - I'd never noticed it ........... until now!!!
Mike24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 23:09   #53
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
I have a simple cure for this,while you drive away hold gear knob with left hand and index finger pointing forward, when you change from 2nd to 3rd your finger should line up exactly with demist button. "simples"
All this changing gear all the time would do my head in, that's why I have an auto.

Alas, the rear window de-mister still remians a massive burden.
Old 21st March 2017, 23:35   #54
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

The only features I don't like are the ones that are missing: all the stuff my old £370 Sterling used to do that the 75 doesn't. Every window one touch up, lazy locking (including the sunroof, I used to love showing that off to people who had just spent loads of money on a new car) and mirrors included in the memories.

I'm not bothered about the rear demister turning itself on as only the top wire works anyway... oh the loadspace cover doesn't reach the tailgate. What's that about?
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 07:10   #55
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts
Red face Embarrasing

And one more thing, it's usually more of an embarrasment than an annoyance is when I have rear seat passengers - Why oh why are the seatbelt sockets on such short anchors????? As short as they are it would have been better if they were fixed position like in some other cars. But no, you have to fish around under your backside for it and then can only just get it aimed right to accept the other side of the buckle.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:27   #56
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
And one more thing, it's usually more of an embarrasment than an annoyance is when I have rear seat passengers - Why oh why are the seatbelt sockets on such short anchors????? As short as they are it would have been better if they were fixed position like in some other cars. But no, you have to fish around under your backside for it and then can only just get it aimed right to accept the other side of the buckle.
Same in the Honda. My mum used to moan her parts off about not being able to get buckled in. I made her sit in the front every time because I just couldn't stand to hear her moan about it every darn time!

As my rear seat in the 75 is still unattached as I am drying out the base and sound deadening, she has yet to buckle up in that car, and I KNOW it'll be more of the same.
Conversely, the wife likes the seat belt and clip much better in the 75 than the Accord. Swings and roundabouts.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:34   #57
berkshirelad
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur SE

Strange things, wives...
berkshirelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 10:30   #58
Sidetops
I really should get out more.......

Land Rover Freelander 2

All modern Fords that automatically switch the a/c on when you turn the airflow towards the windscreen. This is for effective demisting, but I'd rather turn the a/c on when I want it on, instead of having to keep turning it off!
Sidetops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:49   #59
RepoUK
Loves to post

R75 CDTi Tourer 160bhp

Superlocking drives me nuts...

Not having a keyhole for the boot on the tourers is pretty dumb too
RepoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 12:00   #60
bubs
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75

The lack of a button to open the boot from the outside used to wind me up, so I fitted one myself

The rear seat not splitting is a pain, I was used to my old Vectra doing this and I forgot about this shortly after getting my 75. Took a trip to ikea with the wife and kids thinking "i'll just put one side down" to get the long boxes in. Wife wasn't pleased to have make a train journey home with one of them
The small hatch is also a bit rubbish as it more or less closes itself. And you can't put it down then buckle someone in afterwards, so I have to put the kids in then load up then unload again before they can get out.

Lack of rear wiper is an annoyance but most saloon's are like that.
bubs is offline   Reply With Quote