Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 21:56   #1
Samuelle
Regular poster

MG ZT CDTI 135+

Default ZT CDTI+, 04, 84000, 7 months mot, C £400 of Spares, Poss Vanity plate, £650?obo

The car comes with some new, unfitted spares:

Borg and Beck 3 piece clutch kit

OEM clutch slave cylinder

One of Jules' old Kenlowe fan conversion kits

Set of front discs and pads

Patent regulator/rectifier unit, new coolant, door card clips, Haynes manual, a top hose thermostat housing (if I can find it), some touch up paint aerosols (that are probably past their use by date), and probably some other bits ans pieces that I've forgotten at this point. It also had a new OEM bosch Maf fitted a few months ago, and I have an old Thule roof bar mounting kit, and a fitted tow bar with two electrics sockets

The Car:

04 plate MG ZT CDTI+ (135bhp), 84,000 miles, 7 months mot. I've had it for nearly 10 (edit: 9) years, and it's never let me down and left me stranded. It's a bit grubby at the moment (dogs/kids grubby), but will mostly clean up nicely, especially if the few small bodywork scratches and the wheel paint is touched up (the worst bodywork problem is the 1-2" crack in the boot spoiler (right hand side in photo). Inside, some of the door cards have come un-clipped in places, and the chrome door handle surrounds have come off as a result (I still have them somewhere though). The drivers seat cloth is slightly worn in a few places, but not too badly.

Faults:

There is an intermittent fault with the charging. (time/weather permitting, I will try and have a look at/replace the reg/rect unit with the new one in the next few days.)

The clutch is getting old. It's slipped 3 or 4 times one - two years ago. As a result of that, I've just been going easy on it, making sure the clutch is disengaged before hitting the accelerator, not flooring it in a high gear going up hills etc. It'll need doing soon, but as is, I've still been banging up to the midlands and back (from Brighton) regularly recently, at fast motorway speeds, with no problem.

The fan motor brushes. I've just been using it 'as is' for several years now, waiting to get the new Kenlowe fan fitted at the same time as some other problem, but no other problems have turned up. The engine itself never overheats, but you can't use the air con when stationary, or it will overheat.

The front brakes were an mot 'advisory', but the new ones (that I have) need fitting. Same with the front tires, which are legal but perished, and will need new ones really. IIRC the only other advisory was for the seal on one of the front lower anti roll bar drop links (which reminds me - I have a new spare one of those).

The Vanity Number Plate thing:

IDK. It was several years before someone pointed out to me that WH04 AZZ was a funny number plate - I'd never noticed. I contacted a few vanity number plate companies at the weekend, and they are saying they want to advertise it at £8-900. I find that price very hard to believe (but it costs them nothing to add it to their website I suppose), but even if you could eventually recoup a third of that price (apparently they do all the paperwork), that could make this car a very cheap buy for what could end up a very solid, low milleage, MG ZT for the right person, after a weekend or two of diy.

Price:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what price I should be asking for this. I came close to scrapping the car last week and just selling the parts, but that just felt, wrong. I know everyone seems to say this, but it is too solid and reliable a car to just scrap it, so I really hope this is a worthwhile project to someone.

So, lets say £650 obo. At this price, I'm sure there is money, or a very solid cheap motorway bruiser, to be made here for someone. If that doesn't float, make me an offer? It needs to be gone soon, one way or the other.

Click On The Tiny Little Box Bellow To See Some Photos Hosted On Imgur

Edit: I've obviously messed up the images link, and, on windows, left click on the little icon bellow doesn't work, but right click and then click open does. Not sure how I messed this up?

Edit: I've messed the pics link up somehow, so here is the basic web address instead: http://imgur.com/a/xtV7W

Last edited by Samuelle; 22nd March 2017 at 23:05..
Samuelle is offline   Reply With Quote