Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th April 2017, 15:08   #6781
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I retro fitted my auto dipping mirror and rain sensor. Just need to have the rain sensor programmed to work now I guess? Auto dip mirror works a treat!
Mike
Old 27th April 2017, 18:06   #6782
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Dragged the 75 from its parking space to be used as the daily driver and parked up the R8 coupe after its mot was carried out today

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2017, 18:55   #6783
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Took 75 to garage for new reversing switch, parking sensors and reversing lights now working. This morning parked it next to an 05 grey facelift waiting to go in for broken rear spring. Mechanic told me he has around 3 broken springs a week! Drove the 1.6 miles home from work, over 15 speed humps, thinking about changing my route, if I go an extra distance can get away with 4 speed humps each way.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 10:47   #6784
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Thanks to Arctic for the supply of my auto dip mirror and rain sensor which are now fitted and working thanks to Toaf ( I know, I know but credit where it is due!). Even an old computer technophobe like me managed it!and living miles form the gurus - well

I tested it with the old spray bottle and it works a treat. Thanks for all the "how to-s" and advice. Much appreciated.
Mike
Old 28th April 2017, 19:21   #6785
versus
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 V6 Auto, 2000 year

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Thanks to Arctic for the supply of my auto dip mirror and rain sensor which are now fitted and working thanks to Toaf ( I know, I know but credit where it is due!). Even an old computer technophobe like me managed it!and living miles form the gurus - well

I tested it with the old spray bottle and it works a treat. Thanks for all the "how to-s" and advice. Much appreciated.
Mike
Interesting about rain sensor What you need to retro fit it? Only sensor?
versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 19:44   #6786
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by versus View Post
Interesting about rain sensor What you need to retro fit it? Only sensor?
Sensor and loom, along with suitable mirror and surround as this thread

I managed to get the correct multi wired loom and had the correct wiring to the lower plug on the A pillar. I had to connect to the loom to the rear interior lights but it was a pretty straightforward colour matching job.

You also need the blackout for behind the mirror (I made mine from black fablon) and bought the adhesive pad via ebay as in the thread.

It has to be TOAF'ED or T4'd to activate the sensor/ECU.
Mike
Old 29th April 2017, 15:03   #6787
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Checked the levels and tyre pressures for tomorrow's journey and gave it a quick wash. It will be dirty after the drive so no need to clean it properly, besides which it's a working car

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 15:03   #6788
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

4 new Nexen N8000 tyres fitted today.

Was worried about road noise as they were at the budget end of the market, but they appear to be superb - no road noise at all round town.

£300 for all 4 fitted at home, which I am happy with.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 20:11   #6789
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Changed the under bonnet pump. Original one still working (90,000 miles,but put new in tank pump in a couple of weeks ago, so thought I would put the ubp in that I bought about 7 years ago. Had someone rabbiting to me for about 1 hour while doing the job, and low and behold the %#*€+¥ thing is leaking at the bottom of the pump. I think it must be the clip on the pipe on the bottom of the pump not tight enough. Oh well. It is going in the garage now to be done tomorrow. Update today Sunday. Got the pump off again and put new piece of pipe on under the pump to the t-piece. Is fuel pipe but of unknown spec. Really need proper spec fuel pipe. Assembled all back up and still got leak at bottom of UBP. Gave up. Will see if I fit the old pump back on tomorrow, and see if there is still a leak. I hope that with a new clip it may be ok. Fingers crossed. .

Last edited by bl52krz; 30th April 2017 at 20:09..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 20:24   #6790
Brunty
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Fitted Jules Plenum shield, then sorted out problem with front indicator, cleaned contacts and sprayed with WD40 bulb failure light out and indicators working again.
Brunty is offline   Reply With Quote