Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th April 2017, 07:51   #11
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Enjoy yourselves.
You probably won`t have time but this place is interesting and nearby:
http://woldswaylavender.co.uk/
Ken.
Ahh!!!! Lavender, reminds me of a story. A true story of lavender and the effect it had on me.
I'll put that little snippet in another day.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 08:32   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

A safe trip to the guys driving hundreds of miles there and back. Have a brilliant weekend and best of all, do have fun
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 06:07   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool And we eventually........................

...............................Found how to get into our flat in Malton.

After a pot of tea at Emma's I left to make my way North but first we had to get onto the M25 and off of the A10. Very slow traffic but we got there. The M25 was running well and soon we had branched off and onto the A1. It's Truckfest this weekend at the East of England show ground so so very smart big wheelers were on the move.

Stopped at Peterborough services, well after all that tea, but soon back on the road with Banana eating up the miles. We had caught up to a "N" reg Red Beemer who was travelling with a Jaguar XJ8, and we kept company with them all the way to York. We even waved at there turn off point.

But before that the A1 was mainly nose to tail driving thus cutting our speed down, in a couple of places we even came to a standstill. Now in the outside lane, I found on the inside of me a Vauxhall Zafira kept taking pictures of me or was they taking photo's of my passenger. 'Bertie Banana' was riding shotgun and they were taking pictures of him.

Once past the traffic we picked up speed before turning off onto the A64 towards York. My 2 companion cars split off at the first turn off, for York, and with a flash of lights, and a wave, we said our goodbyes. The last time I travelled down towards Malton was back in 2006 but then my passenger was my Val. Familiar places flashed by, names I remembered from way back. Pulled into Malton, a few memories rolled down my cheeks. And the Satnav said I had arrived, no idea where the apartment was. I drove on through Malton before stopping and putting my iPad on. Clicked on maps and that took me back through Malton and almost to the front door.

I found Redfive parked up in the side turning. Parked Banana in front and went in search of how to get in to the flat. In the end I phoned Ian who came down and let me in. He told me we was at the top of the stairs. So after a long climb I found myself looking at a fantastic view.

onen hag oll
Old 29th April 2017, 06:13   #14
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

Glad banana �� and all passengers had a good trip up Malton is a very nice area bob have a good day see you all tomorrow

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 06:55   #15
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Nice to hear of your happy memories of Val but very sad, it bought a tear to my eye Bob.

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 06:59   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool What this club is all about......................

........................... good friends.

So after finding my way to the top, said my hello's to Jan back down we went to unload Banana. There was only one space on site for any of us to park, so we had decided that space belonged to Siver Vixen. Once ole Yella was unloaded back up the North Face of the Eiger to the top flat. Where a much needed mug of tea was waiting but first Ian showed my my room. Well how the **** was I supposed to get in and out of bed. The room was 'L' shaped and the bed was in one section. It was really a child's room, well being the youngest I suppose it was suited for me.

Back into the huge lounge to drink my tea. Ian had been in contact with John & Jan and they was about an hour away. So Ian and I went to get the shopping, something for tea, in Redfive. Found a Morrisons supermarket, and somewhere to park away from the crowds. We got all the shopping required including some falling down water, paid at the till and made our way back to the flat. Ian took most of the shopping, I carried the beer, and off up the North Face of the Eiger we went. Ian had to have a breather half way up. But the shopping was delivered.

I offered to go down and see John & Jan into their parking space and help bring up there stuff not giving it a thought on how much stuff they were going to have. Having guided them in to there space, a chap came out to speak to us and he turned out to be the owner. We introduced ourselves. Well, I never thought Jan was ever going to stop unloading the car. My word they were only staying 3 nights. So with the pack horse loaded, me, off we went up the side of the mountain. This time I had to stop for a breather.

There was a note on the kitchen table addressed to me telling us that there was a fault with the water boiler and apologies about the cupboard door being off. Never gave either much thought. Anyway we sat in the lounge around the table and chatted. Both John & Jan had brought Ian and I a present. To say thank you for putting the stay together. We had "New" show plates. There is a photo on another thread of our pressie's.

Pizza and wedges were served, along with wine and beer, and we sat and chatted. More food and liquid were consumed. Lots of laughter, friendship that's what brings us together. I know that our cars play a big part in this friendship for without them we would just be passing ships. Makes me feel really proud to be part of the friendliest club about.

Soon the time was approaching for zzzzzzzzzzz time but first Jan brought out chocolate, not for me as I need to watch my waist line, oh! Ok! Then it keeps me awake. Then Ian made us all a hot drink, so more banter and laughter before the yawns got louder and longer. Time for bed, said our good nights and off to our rooms. I had now worked out how to get into my bed. If I stood on the chest of draws I could launch myself onto the bed. But needed to take into account the sloping ceiling. How I was to get out was another issue, but that could wait till the morning or before. Naturally enough 'before' was wee wee time. But I found i could crawl down the length and onto the floor before finding the bathroom.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 29th April 2017 at 07:01.. Reason: Predictive text can be a right drain.
Old 30th April 2017, 06:55   #17
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool I would have never thought................

.....................................that I would end the day eating a horse's willy.

Out of bed and sitting at the table fairly early Saturday morning, and Jan & Ian were the first to join me. We waited for John and Jan to join us over morning tea. In the end Jan had to go and knock on there door as time was rolling on. It was now 9am and we had to be at Eden camp at 11am.
And out they come.

Showers complete, good old Ian having to keep an eye on the boiler. Breakfast over and everything washed up it was time to descend the North face of the Eiger. Once all down and cars loaded it was time to convoy to Eden camp. So we set off with Banana leading, then Redfive and followed by Silver Vixen. Down through the town and off up the road. We lost Silver Vixen as they had got caught at the lights, but as it not far to Eden, and well signposted, we carried on. Soon at the camp. Well that was 3 of us there.

Actros had phoned to say he was held up at the Humber bridge, soon 2 more turned up. 1 car had dropped out, he had phoned me to let me know, so that left 8 cars outstanding. We stood around chatting and taking photo's, I put Banana's new show plate on and managed to get a few photo's before it fell off. A ZTT rolled into sight with the sun hiding behind the clouds in fear it would get out shone by the world champion of Nevving. Yes Clyde and Kirsty had arrived. Actros was now soon to join us. So the count was up to 7.

We finally rolled out with Redfive leading, Ian had offered to lead seeing as his car was at the front. And off we went at a steady pace, never over 50 mph. Soon through Pickering and across the picturesque moors. Through the the sleepy hamlets the convoy rolled on. The sun had decided it was safe to emerge from behind the clouds. Going to be a lovely day. Ian led us to the car park at Whitby Abbey, where we spotted Three more. 2 Rover Tourer's and a ZTT. No sign of anyone near the cars. We parked up in a line and paid our parking dues. Then the ZTT we had seen parked came and joined us, it was Freebryd.

Younger Jan, John's wife, took the food order and Ian phoned it through. 9 haddock n chips, 1 chip buttie and 1 portion of chips. Then Ian and Jan went off to get the grub. By now most people were sitting in there cars as the North wind was blowing cold air our way. Even the sun had pulled the clouds too and was hiding. (There is a report on the fish n chip thread on t'other page about the food).
Then another 75 rolled in, a forum member who was totally unaware of the fish n chip run but was attending the next day. And one of the other Tourer's we had seen earlier came along, again unaware of the chip run but joining the show on Sunday.

Time to roll home. Various cars were going to different hotels so the the line up split in different directions. Silver Vixen was staying to take photo's so that Rhubarb and Custard to find there way back via the car wash in Malton. Again we travelled back at no more than 60 across the beautiful moors. We was soon in the car wash, with Ian telling the chaps that I was his Dad and to take special care of the car. Still it got Banana special treatment. Soon parked up the apartment and with a cup of tea I was soon downloading my photo's. Silver Vixen soon joined us.

Food was being heated up with the rest of Pizza, wedgies and garlic bread. And I was soon to consume a Northern delicacy of the horse's willy aka Cumberland Sausage. Very tasty, don't know who ate the tip.
Plans were now being laid for tomorrow. Ian asked me if I would assist him in the morning at the camp putting out the signs out, parking up the Monograms.

Out of bed now and getting ready to rock n roll to the camp. So if coming I'll see you there, don't forget to come and say hello.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 30th April 2017 at 07:01.. Reason: More tea? Oh go on then........
Old 30th April 2017, 07:25   #18
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

An excellent and detailed update Bob, thank you .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2017, 07:54   #19
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Cheers Bob and yes those moors are very beautiful, lost count the number of times I have travelled them.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2017, 08:03   #20
Nev The Bear
This is my second home

Does not matter

Thanked 1,575 Times in 987 Posts

Thanks for posting the updates on your mini tour, I alway enjoy reading the posts and I was also reading them to Kirsty as well.

See you a bit later on this morning.
Nev The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote