Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd February 2017, 20:20   #11
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Caravan club is too snobbish now,thats why we left,the last straw was when this thing (I think it was a woman) came out and spoke to me as if she/he had a mouthful of marbles,"Excuse me you are walking on our grass",I had only stepped on the corner because Georgie was keen to get back to our van.

They then spent the rest of the week washing and polishing their caravan,looked down on us as if we were a piece of dirt ,snobbery at its best
Would that not have been AH GRAAAHS Steve?
Old 27th February 2017, 15:25   #12
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Would that not have been AH GRAAAHS Steve?
That's it Richard,also I have seen people take lawn mowers and cut their GRAAAAHS as well

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 16:58   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Don't be so common!! It's CAT their Graaahhs : As in EWW, I SEE ONE IS CATTING ONES GRAAAAHHHS,, Jolly good sheeeow!!
Old 27th February 2017, 18:03   #14
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I'm beginning to think this will be our last year with them, As we have just renewed our membership by direct debit I will be monitoring costs this year.

What I can't understand is how they can say The Caravan and Motohome Club since 1907, I think that should say since 2017 or am I just being choosy.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 18:22   #15
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
I'm beginning to think this will be our last year with them, As we have just renewed our membership by direct debit I will be monitoring costs this year.

What I can't understand is how they can say The Caravan and Motohome Club since 1907, I think that should say since 2017 or am I just being choosy.
Not at all - you are quite right!

There's a lot of dissent about it on the Caravan Club (sorry, Caravan and Motorhome Club) forum, and a good few folks make exactly your point!
Old 27th February 2017, 21:11   #16
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Must admit, I have just got an email about this change of name.
Can't say I am all that impressed, instead of spending so much on re-branding perhaps they should spend some money reviewing prices.
I was looking at the Brighton site for a few nights - looks like £24/night - not so cheap when cost of fuel etc gets taken in to account.

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 22:32   #17
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb750chris View Post
Must admit, I have just got an email about this change of name.
Can't say I am all that impressed, instead of spending so much on re-branding perhaps they should spend some money reviewing prices.
I was looking at the Brighton site for a few nights - looks like £24/night - not so cheap when cost of fuel etc gets taken in to account.
I mentioned this in an earlier post Chris, 24 quid a night is actually cheap for the cc. The last time we visited one of their sites, it was over 30 by the time we paid for 3 adults, as daughter is 18.and 1 child plus pitch fee. This is why we did t bother renewing membership last time.
Old 8th March 2017, 21:50   #18
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Caravan club is too snobbish now,thats why we left,the last straw was when this thing (I think it was a woman) came out and spoke to me as if she/he had a mouthful of marbles,"Excuse me you are walking on our grass",I had only stepped on the corner because Georgie was keen to get back to our van.

They then spent the rest of the week washing and polishing their caravan,looked down on us as if we were a piece of dirt ,snobbery at its best
Years ago we were abused by a nutcase of a warden at Whitewater Park near Stockton on Tees. He was out with his tape measure complaining our caravan wasn't square to the pitch. It was inches out.
Later that evening a collection of youth were playing at revving car engines in the car park close by but he wasn't to be seen.

Camping and Caravan Club proved be largely normal friendly folk, can't abide snobs.
Old 9th March 2017, 07:48   #19
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post
Years ago we were abused by a nutcase of a warden at Whitewater Park near Stockton on Tees. He was out with his tape measure complaining our caravan wasn't square to the pitch. It was inches out.
Later that evening a collection of youth were playing at revving car engines in the car park close by but he wasn't to be seen.

Camping and Caravan Club proved be largely normal friendly folk, can't abide snobs.
What year was that? We have been there several times and found the wardens spot on. At the time that is, haven't been there for a few years though. We are considering joining the c and c club.
Old 9th March 2017, 12:42   #20
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bone View Post

My son had a similar experieince with his tent at Stockton Caravan Club site - the wardens argued it was 3 inches too large for the pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
What year was that? We have been there several times and found the wardens spot on. At the time that is, haven't been there for a few years though. We are considering joining the c and c club.
Make sure you have a good look at the pricing structure of the C&C Club before you join Rich. I didn't renew my membership 5 years ago (after 25 years!) when they started messing around with 'flexible" pricing, "shoulder seasons", reducing the age based concessions, and other sneaky ways of getting money out of me. It was a shame, because all of the other members I met were fine - no snobbishness at all. It was the management and their attitude to pricing that cheesed me off. The final straw was booking a week at Haltwhistle, about 6 weeks in advance, and then getting there to find that anyone booking in the couple of days before I arrived was being charged about 2/3rds of what I paid. The Club reserved the right (as they told me when I raised the discrepancy with them) to suddenly, off the cuff, reduce prices at the last minute to attract extra bookings, even if that meant penalising people booking a wee bit in advance.
Since then, I have used UK Campsite as my main source for sites (and feedback on them) - and haven't had a bad one yet after 9 or 10 bookings.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 9th March 2017 at 13:30..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote