Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st June 2014, 07:41   #1
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

'54 Black MG ZT CDTi + 160

Default '54 MG ZT CDTI Pearl Black great spec **SOLD**

With great sadness I am putting my ZT up for sale. My wife and I have been considering going down to one car, and we have just taken the plunge and bought a new car between us, so hers & mine will be sold asap.

A brief spec:-

2004 54 plate, CDTI +, pearl black, grey alcantara interior
110k miles
I have modified it with:-

Full turbo back de-cat stainless steel exhaust by Tony Banks in Leeds (excellent system, not loud, just a nice burble. The de-cat really frees up the revs)
The legendary 160bhp remap by Big Russ
Aftermarket 18" alloys (I have 2 spare matching alloys complete with tyres)
I installed a full black oak dash set, including gear lever surround & hazard switch surround etc
Auto boot pop up
Flip key
Drivers IPK installed, along with digital MPH reading activated
Full LED interior light conversion
LED side lights
Osram Nightbreaker headlight bulbs
Double Din (from Sean on the forum) Win CE unit with sat nav, dvd player, Bluetooth, ipod connection cable (rooted to the arm rest box)
Literally 3 weeks ago fitted grooved & dimpled MTec brake discs front & back & new Pagid pads front & back, as well as new hand brake shoes
Original style 'MGR group' number plates
Air con regassed 2 weeks ago & working perfectly
Clutch replaced a few years ago
ZERO water ingress - I have sorted all of the points (see project thread)
Jules plenum protector fitted
New air con condenser & lots of other bits done by Jules

Loads & loads of service history - last service was done by Big Russ 3 weeks ago, so still reading about 13,500 to next one due

Now for the bad bits.

On Thursday the clutch pedal went to the floor. I was able to get it back up and drive it home. But - that is what forced my hand to get a new car quickly, both because of work & family requirements.

I have been told a few different things - some have carried on using it in this state for over 2 years. I will top up the fluid which I have been told could cure it. I have had a quote of £130 fitted to replace the master cylinder. Or worst case scenario Andy Willi replaces clutches for £430.

The second bad bit is that the front bumper needs respraying. Full details are available on my project thread here :- http://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/sh...d.php?t=136894

I have a replacement pearl black wing ready to bolt on when the bumper is sprayed.

There are the odd few other marks on the body work, but in general is fine for a 10 year old car.

There are a few options. I would probably prefer to sell it as it is, to save the hassle of getting the bits sorted.

I may get the body work sorted so it looks great. Or if interest in a sale is lacking I'll look at getting the clutch issues sorted.

I am more than happy to discuss options with anyone interested, and of course with different options, I can be very flexible as to money.

If I get all of the issues sorted, so the car is resprayed, clutch done etc etc, I'd like £2,500, which with all of the modifications, and the fact that pretty much you won't need to do anything to it, having been serviced, brakes, air con etc etc just being done I think is fair.

Just as a side note, and I know mpg readings aren't entirely accurate, but on my last full tank of fuel used, mixed motorway & town driving, it read an average of 51.5.

If you want the car in any form, i.e. I can get the body work done, but you want to do the clutch etc, just make an offer and we can go from there.

We are going on a camping trip today until Friday, but I will have internet access to reply.

Thanks for looking.
coolasacucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 07:52   #2
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

A few pictures:-

This one shows the damage, which as you can see, isn't major at all. I have a freash wing to bolt on, so just a bumper respray needed:-

A few other bits to add:-

Aero flat front wipers
New original MG badges replaced front & back
Permanent mod done to enable number plate lights to work
Old 1st June 2014, 13:47   #3
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

Default poss wrong way round?

just in case it's a safety issue, but is that drivers side rear disc on the wrong way?

the grooves I read (having done it wrong the first time) should run from top left to bottom right on the rhs of the vehicle?
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2014, 17:17   #4
Alan123
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena wild View Post
just in case it's a safety issue, but is that drivers side rear disc on the wrong way?

the grooves I read (having done it wrong the first time) should run from top left to bottom right on the rhs of the vehicle?
Well spotted
Alan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 10:55   #5
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

Sad to see this go Alastair but needs must a guess, good luck with the sale! Free bump.
dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2014, 14:58   #6
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Thanks for the advice. Nothing in the paperwork that came with them said they were directional, and the person who fitted them didn't mention anything. Bit I will get in touch with MTec to see what they say.
Old 3rd June 2014, 08:12   #7
neilb740
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena wild View Post

Makes sense i suppose, so the grooves are pushing the crud/water out of the caliper not further into it maybe
neilb740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2014, 18:49   #8
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Thanks for all of the comments. Getting away from the brake comments, I'm back from my holiday now so please feel free to keep the questions coming.

If anyone is interested in the car but wants to discuss a new clutch, spray work being done, I'm happy to get that done so you can drive it away with no problems.

It is driveable, so you can take it as it is and get the work done yourself. I'm happy to listen to ideas/options/offers.

I do need it gone.
Old 8th June 2014, 15:01   #9
coolasacucumber
Gets stuck in

Just done a bit of research about the brake direction - it seems that they can be fitted either way. Some people (using Toyota MR2 forum as an example) choose to fit the this way as some claim it helps braking performance.

I have looked through all of the paperwork supplied with the discs, including the detailed fitting instructions, and no where does it mention that the discs are directional. So I'm pretty happy that they are ok as they are.

Due to fluid being behind the clutch pedal, it seems that it is just the master cylinder that needs doing. I'll look into getting this done asap so then I can sell it with no clutch issues.

So I'll ask £2,300 o.n.o with the bodywork & clutch sorted.

If you want to take it as it is now, £1,800 o.v.n.o.

Or, if you're not bothered about the DD unit, black oak etc I could reduce it more & sell them separately.

Last edited by coolasacucumber; 10th June 2014 at 08:24..