Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th March 2017, 12:14   #1
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE + 1947 Morris 8

Default Mandai

Seeing all the colourful flower photographs brightens my day, and prompted me to share some of the pics I had taken in Singapore. On a rare day off I paid a visit to the Mandai Orchid Gardens, and here are some of the images.

Unfortunately the gardens were downsized and moved to another area. The name was changed, and the business is now a farm with no access to the public.

Picture number 5 stuttered a bit when being uploaded, but number 6 wouldn't finish uploading at all, and now it has been impossible to upload an image for over 24 hours. The upload goes to 90% then stops! Very frustrating.
Fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 12:17   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Botanical Beautifulness
Old 17th March 2017, 14:45   #3
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Beautiful wild Orchids Jim, a pleasure to see, thank you for sharing. Quite uplifting
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 15:23   #4
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Botanical Beautifulness
Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Beautiful wild Orchids Jim, a pleasure to see, thank you for sharing. Quite uplifting
I would be very happy walking round your garden Philip, as would the "Boss". She really loves her flowers and we have visited many gardens over the years, but I don't think I've seen so many different blooms and colours in a private garden before. Truly beautiful.

Seeing the superb photographs that you and others have shared helps me forget, for a while, that I'm sitting here in a cold, wet, and windy Scotland. Roll on the Spring.
Old 17th March 2017, 16:41   #5
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Uploading has started again!

Joan had always fancied seeing the Mandai Orchid Gardens, so instead of my taking some leave in the UK, she used my tickets to join me in Singapore for a couple of weeks. She visited the orchid gardens more than once.

Old 17th March 2017, 17:10   #6
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

Fantastic plants !!!

Great shots Jim.

http://www.paulstickley.com/
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 18:45   #7
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifer View Post
Thanks Jeff, much appreciated.

I would be very happy walking round your garden Philip, as would the "Boss". She really loves her flowers and we have visited many gardens over the years, but I don't think I've seen so many different blooms and colours in a private garden before. Truly beautiful.

Seeing the superb photographs that you and others have shared helps me forget, for a while, that I'm sitting here in a cold, wet, and windy Scotland. Roll on the Spring.
Thank you Jim interestingly, through the UK seasons of Spring and Summer the weather warms up and the flowers come out. As you know, on the equator the weather changes and by June our temps drop to as low as 17C, when the flowers, most of them go to sleep or die off. By the end of September, our Spring starts and the new cycle of growth starts again. Oct - Dec we get heavy tropical rains.

We don't have any formal gardens like the one you visited in Singapore. The flowers and shrubs are scattered over 10 acres. I have more blooms to post up and along with the vegetable gardens, we have a medicinal forest with over 50 different species. The forest drops down into a valley. The forest is rich with wildlife such as Ardwark, Porcupines, Sykes Monkies and poisonous snakes, yikes! Ocassionally a Leopard visits at night. Never known to come in the day, so shy. Because of the climate, bananas grow wild by the stream at the bottom of the valley. I don't like going to the stream as the Cobras like it there.

We can't grow sprouts! Oh hum poo
Old 17th March 2017, 19:17   #8
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

Hmmm cobras and no sprouts sounds tough.

http://www.paulstickley.com/
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2017, 19:25   #9
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Hmmm cobras and no sprouts sounds tough.
Your such a tease.....hahahaha
Old 18th March 2017, 12:37   #10
Fifer
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Thank you Jim interestingly, through the UK seasons of Spring and Summer the weather warms up and the flowers come out. As you know, on the equator the weather changes and by June our temps drop to as low as 17C, when the flowers, most of them go to sleep or die off. By the end of September, our Spring starts and the new cycle of growth starts again. Oct - Dec we get heavy tropical rains.

We don't have any formal gardens like the one you visited in Singapore. The flowers and shrubs are scattered over 10 acres. I have more blooms to post up and along with the vegetable gardens, we have a medicinal forest with over 50 different species. The forest drops down into a valley. The forest is rich with wildlife such as Ardwark, Porcupines, Sykes Monkies and poisonous snakes, yikes! Ocassionally a Leopard visits at night. Never known to come in the day, so shy. Because of the climate, bananas grow wild by the stream at the bottom of the valley. I don't like going to the stream as the Cobras like it there.

We can't grow sprouts! Oh hum poo
I was beginning to think that you had paradise on your doorstep Philip, but the mention of large creatures with even larger teeth, and venomous snakes, has put the kybosh on that idea!

Maybe it is better to be in a cold country where there are no large cats, cobras, or porcupines wandering around.

No sprouts would be a deal breaker too.