Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd March 2017, 14:37   #1
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Default Upgrade to current hi-line / harman kardon system

My car is currently fitted with the standard 4:3 bordmonitor, BM24 radio module (this is an upgrade on the original one fitted) analogue TV / video module and 6 CD auto-changer, I now want to fit a widescreen 16:9 bordmonitor to the system, am I correct in thinking that if I source a 16:9 unit from a E46, this will work with the current hardware set-up, is the correct 16:9 unit the 'flip front' one with the cassette player fitted behind the screen?
I recall reading on here that some of the late cars were fitted with a TV / video module that would drive the 16:9 monitor at widescreen resolution, does anyone know the part number / hardware / software of the video module which provides this? I realise I can fit the widescreen monitor and see if the existing video module will drive the monitor at widescreen resolution, if it doesn't, then I'd need to source a widescreen video module,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:16   #2
Nev The Bear
This is my second home

Does not matter

Thanked 1,575 Times in 987 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post
My car is currently fitted with the standard 4:3 bordmonitor, BM24 radio module (this is an upgrade on the original one fitted) analogue TV / video module and 6 CD auto-changer, I now want to fit a widescreen 16:9 bordmonitor to the system, am I correct in thinking that if I source a 16:9 unit from a E46, this will work with the current hardware set-up, is the correct 16:9 unit the 'flip front' one with the cassette player fitted behind the screen?
I recall reading on here that some of the late cars were fitted with a TV / video module that would drive the 16:9 monitor at widescreen resolution, does anyone know the part number / hardware / software of the video module which provides this? I realise I can fit the widescreen monitor and see if the existing video module will drive the monitor at widescreen resolution, if it doesn't, then I'd need to source a widescreen video module,

Steve
I upgraded from a 4:3 boardmonitor to a 16:9 in my ZTT and if I remember correctly it is an E39 or E53 widescreen tv tuner you will require to display a widescreen image, otherwise you may only obrmtain a 4:3 display with a border at each side of the image displayed. I also have the E46 unit fitted with the cassette player behind and I also obtained a twin tuner radio moduke so that the Hi Line did not have to be tunes into Classic FM to obtain the TMC alerts o n the gps function.
Nev The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:30   #3
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Hi Nev,
I've already got the twin tuner module (BM24) fitted, I'll get the wide screen bordmonitor next and fit that, you never know I might have one of the late TV modules fitted which are rumoured to support the widescreen monitor, if not, there are plenty on Ebay!

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:23   #4
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkeyte View Post

Steve
Been toying with the same idea myself but spare dosh and other priorities mean it's something for later. There was an excellent and detailed item on here about 18 months ago outlining the various options and what you get with what. It must be lurking somewhere in the ICE section, worth a view...
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote