Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th March 2017, 17:24   #1
PC2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 190

Default Buying another ZT-T

Evening

Well my fantastic and reliable 190 ZT-T needs too much done so I am looking to purchase another (am I mad). But 11 years and its been great, and you get a lot of car for the money (and I don't have much).

My local garage said it better to go for a diesel, but I've never been keen on diesels, but what do you think?

I'd like another 190, though of course you have the belts to deal with, and of course the rattling exhaust manifold.

Any thoughts/views?

Thanks

PC
PC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 17:43   #2
charlie 22
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 2.5V6, Mazda Cx30

Have you thought about the 1.8 or 1.8T if your budget is a bit tight to run a V6.
Old 24th March 2017, 19:35   #3
motmann
Loves to post

Zt-t cdti 135 zt-t 120

I run a cdti facelift, and, a fully loaded le mans green mk1 zt-t 18 n/a ,guess which one is the nicest to drive??,it's not quick, but as others on the forum have said once it's rolling it's not bad,+ 45mpg on the trip computer......., closer to the cdti on mpg than you may think.......
motmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 21:32   #4
PC2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 190

Default better the devil I know?

I was always put off the 1.8s because of cylinder head worries.
The 2.5 190 isn't he fastest machine on the block , but its nice to have a little bit of oomph. MPG isn't great, but I always averaged around 30mpg on a fast motorway cruise. Around town its not so good. I worry I might miss the V6?
Its god to get some vies from those of you who've experienced the variations as I've only had the 190.
Is there anything else I should take into consideration, or shall I just stick with what I know?
I've spotted a couple in Bristol with less than 100k on the clock.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Old 24th March 2017, 22:43   #5
jr.ewing*
Loves to post

mg zt

Forget diesel, I've had 2 turbos, good cars, pull well when turbo kicks in, I had hgf on both. I have a 190 now, can't beet that sound of the v6 except for the v8 which is daft money.
jr.ewing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 05:06   #6
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Depends on where you drive and what mileage you do. For me the lazy ooomph of the cdti ZTT is superb because I do long distance and not a lot betters it on 40mph to 70mph acceleration.

If I drove short journeys in urban areas I don't think it would be ideal.

What I don't like about petrol engines now after having the cdti is the frantic engine noise they mAke at high revs - I am constantly going for a 6th gear.

I find this very wearing in long journeys whereas the cdti "gruff" throb just wafts you along. And with that instant pick up from 50 to 70 it makes a great long distance cruiser.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 07:42   #7
jr.ewing*
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Depends on where you drive and what mileage you do. For me the lazy ooomph of the cdti ZTT is superb because I do long distance and not a lot betters it on 40mph to 70mph acceleration.

If I drove short journeys in urban areas I don't think it would be ideal.

What I don't like about petrol engines now after having the cdti is the frantic engine noise they mAke at high revs - I am constantly going for a 6th gear.

I find this very wearing in long journeys whereas the cdti "gruff" throb just wafts you along. And with that instant pick up from 50 to 70 it makes a great long distance cruiser.
190 def needs a 6th gear
jr.ewing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 21:16   #8
PC2
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 190

Yes, definitely agree it needs 6th gear, but I wouldn't mind the sound if I felt it wasn't just burning unnecessary cash out of the fuel tank on motorways.

I do think that really my heart is only in the 190, it has a bit of the oomph factor the car deserves.

So my search goes on then for a 190 under 100k miles.