Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th March 2017, 19:43   #1
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Default SORTED, Cheapish Decent Car NW UK

I know, a bit vague isn't it! I'm on the lookout for a sub £1000 car for a family member who needs a car for a few months as the Ford Focus they drive is about to be pronounced dead. I'm not really bothered what it is, and it certainly doesn't have to be a 75/ZT, but it needs to have a decent amount of MOT left (6 months at least) and not need anything significant spending on it right now - although that does obviously depend somewhat on the asking price.

Yes I could trawl though the classifieds here but it needs to be in the NW and still for sale so although I am looking I figured an advert like this couldn't hurt!

Last edited by mystabe; 31st March 2017 at 12:11..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 21:26   #2
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Shame we were not closer, son is getting rid of a 52 plate BMW 318i tidy enough car for its age, but does need handbrake shoes/pads and does have a slight oil leak..... but sweet driver

He was going to trade it in against his new car, but for what they offer he said no

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
kc13661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 09:12   #3
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I know, a bit vague isn't it! I'm on the lookout for a sub £1000 car for a family member who needs a car for a few months as the Ford Focus they drive is about to be pronounced dead. I'm not really bothered what it is, and it certainly doesn't have to be a 75/ZT, but it needs to have a decent amount of MOT left (6 months at least) and not need anything significant spending on it right now - although that does obviously depend somewhat on the asking price.

Yes I could trawl though the classifieds here but it needs to be in the NW and still for sale so although I am looking I figured an advert like this couldn't hurt!
Here is my offer off a Rover 45 Club SE TD113 (113BHP 2.0 litre L-series Diesel)

See http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=231708

The car is now on 150585 miles and will be on circa 151000 when I will be up in the Liverpool area on Friday afternoon.

It has FSH with 12 stamps in the book of which 11 are from from Beacon Street Garage in Litchfield where the previous owner resides. Cambelts last replaced at 112k miles in 2012. Last service was a full MGR Schedule C Service and Inspection at 143880 miles in October 2017 by my trusted local independent in Suffolk that has looked after my cars since 1997.

The car has had the following items replaced in recent times.
1. Front brake dscs and pads 2015.

2. Priming bulb replaced by myself as part of preventative maintenance during September 2016 - the rubber valve deteriorates after about 10 years.

3. Oil change between services by myself -dated photographs available as proof. I am intending to do the next oil change during the Easter beak at 8k roughly miles since the last service.

4. New Avon ZV5 tyres fitted all around 13k miles ago. The fronts now have 6mm and the rears 7mm tread remaining out of 8mm when new.

5. Aircon recharged Nov 2016 (always has been and is fully working)

6. New battery now fitted on 29th March.
Everything about the car feels as though it should go on for another 100k miles and 5 years with just normal maintenance (but this is not intended to imply any sort of warranty - the engine could explode, wheels and doors fall off and consequently the buyers wife may leave him the day after the sale!) .

The car starts first time, every time. The clutch operation is all fine and normal. The engine reaches normal temperature relatively quickly and stays there. The coolant colour is a clear OAT pink.

Road tax is just £145 for the year.

It has Rover mudflaps fitted front and rear. It also has reversing sensors fitted which are fully functional. Floor mats are included, with Rover emblem on driver's side mat.

I have now covered 21k miles in the last 15 months since purchase, including multiple drives from Suffolk to all the major engineering unis such as Glasgow, Durham, Southampton, Bristol, Loughborough, Liverpool, York, Imperial London with 100% confidence in the car. The best MPG I have achieved is 58 (motorway driving) and the worst 46 - the latter with all driving on a local B road. My daily 45 mile drive is 50% on a winding country road and 50% on the A14 at a constant 70MPH. Average mileage over 21k miles is 52MPG.

The MOT expires on 27th October 2017, the current MOT is advisory free.

There are only two things wrong wth the car of which I am aware, which will need to be done.
1. one of the front tyres has started to lose a few PSI per week. It needs to be reseated and will cost circa £12.

2. I dropped a pair of pliers down the front of the engine which can vibrate on the undertray. I was intending to remove the undertray and retrieve it during the summer.
The alloy wheels have some surface corrosion so not looking their best. I was going to lightly refurbish them during the summer.

The price of the car is £800 as-is, wth the new battery; a pair of genuine Rover suspension bushes RGX100980 to keep in stock; unused Haynes manual; service log/handbook; receipts for aircon recharge, tyres, oil/air/fuel filters,priming pump, the suspension bushes (now cost ~£40), new battery with 4-year guarantee from supplier; two keys and fobs. The price includes leaving the car in Wigan provided I am given a lift to a local train station. I do not enjoy hagling so this is a firm price, with only questions and a yes or no needed as a response.

As stated, I will be in the Liverpool area next Friday if you wish to view and then probably around the Alport Castles/Liverpool area around mid-April.

If you are interested, PM me and I will be happy to take/send current photograps and scan of service book etc. I will give striaght and honest responses to any and all questions.

The following threads should give some background on my approach to cars and why I am thinking that I may sell the 45 - I wish to now try out a 5-cylinder diesel engine and 5 cars on the drive is more than enough.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=134788

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru....php?p=2340771

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...8&postcount=40

PS. Compared to the 75 diesel, the 45td is noisier (not unexpected), nimble, more responsive, nothing ever breaks, very cheap to own and run. There are no plastic bits on the engine to deteriorate with age, the clutch is light and it has a proper old fashioned temperature gauge. It does not have the refinement of a 75.

Last edited by MSS; 29th March 2017 at 21:50..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 10:24   #4
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Thumbs up

Now that's quite tempting......... I will have a word with the potential driver when she gets home later today and I'll send you a pm when I have.
Old 31st March 2017, 11:58   #5
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

All sorted and we now own Maninder's very tidy Rover 45. What a thoroughly nice man he is as well, it was an absolute pleasure meeting him and it avoided all the usual unpleasantness involved in buying cheap 2nd hand cars!

Last edited by mystabe; 31st March 2017 at 12:01..
Old 31st March 2017, 22:35   #6
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Likewise Dave. It was really nice to meet you and Anne.

I have just got back from Liverpool in an Enterprise Car Rental's Megane 1.5dci. Quite a nice car to drive.

I hope Anne enjoys the 45 and it will be interesting to know how she feels about it in 2-3 months time.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2017, 23:44   #7
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Sounds like a fantastic motor.

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 06:07   #8
BoroRover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

One of the beauties of this site is you can get genuine bargains from genuine people, having all the stress of big risks out there from con merchants is a huge plus. Long may it continue !! Well done to both parties.
BoroRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2017, 16:03   #9
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Likewise Dave. It was really nice to meet you and Anne.

I have just got back from Liverpool in an Enterprise Car Rental's Megane 1.5dci. Quite a nice car to drive.

I hope Anne enjoys the 45 and it will be interesting to know how she feels about it in 2-3 months time.
She's been out in it all day today so I will find out soon what she thinks....... she did phone me up about half an hour ago and the car wasn't mentioned so that's a good sign I actually drove it a bit yesterday afternoon to do a few errands and it was great, I wouldn't swap my 75 for one but they are very decent cars for 'getting about in' for very little money/cost. I'm more than happy with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoroRover View Post
One of the beauties of this site is you can get genuine bargains from genuine people, having all the stress of big risks out there from con merchants is a huge plus. Long may it continue !! Well done to both parties.
I know, I hate buying 2nd hand cars anyway but I hate with a passion buying cheap 2nd hand cars for other people from anywhere/one I don't know anything about. You are entering a world of tarted up wrecks sold by people who don't give a monkey's and when it breaks it's my fault
Old 1st April 2017, 21:21   #10
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
All sorted and we now own Maninder's very tidy Rover 45. What a thoroughly nice man he is as well, it was an absolute pleasure meeting him and it avoided all the usual unpleasantness involved in buying cheap 2nd hand cars!
I can concur with that, never met Maninder, but have spoken with him on here a few times, and he certainly comes across as you describe.