Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th March 2017, 20:09   #71
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I have to say that whilst you make some interesting points in a few others posts, Mr Price, I find certain comments such as the above really quite sad. It would appear that when you see an East European manual worker or a cleaner in a hotel, you see a lowly paid monkey. When I see such people, I treat them with the greatest respect and what I see is the mother or father of a possible future scientist, engineer, doctor and so on.
or even a doctor themselves! There used to be a cleaner in my current job, who was a doctor (not a GP) but was cleaning to provide food for his family. He was actually the best cleaner in the building at that. Took pride in his work, which is irrelevant, but it didnt matter to him, as long as he felt like his wages were earned, he was happy.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 25th March 2017, 20:12   #72
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
Whilst I agree with you in general mystabes, I also see a lot of young people with degrees being forced to take minimum wage jobs just because they don't have any other option.

Imagine working for a degree for four years then taking a minimum wage job because you've no other short term alternative - how very depressing that must be yet it's shockingly common over here. That's why I find Christoper's casual derogatory doodles on the subject so wide of the mark.

I used to have a friend who thought he could be as offensive as he wanted to be about anything and anyone so long as he offered ''an apology'' for any offence afterwards.

Took him several years to learn that an apology is only as good as it is sincere, and when someone appears to be apologising on a daily basis it's really hard to believe there's any sincerity in their words
Unfortunately the system is geared towards doing things at the right age and knowing what you want to be when you grow up - and I still struggle with that one at nearly 50. I had a great time in my 20's, I worked at a theatre, council job so the pay was decent and the parties were awesome. Then I went to University and graduated with an honours degree in Automotive Engineering BUT I was 30 by then and no one wanted to know as all the car companies wanted 21 year olds Thankfully I just 'got' CAD so someone offered me a job designing shops and I did that for 15 years. I now own several companies and the money comes and goes a bit but I always have a 'trade' to fall back on if I really need the money. I've done all sorts though, from making Chewits to working on a battery chicken farm - 4 years spent on a degree in Surf Board Technology isn't a guarantee of a job however and I also know from experience of my stepdaughters that a lot of young people come out of University and decide they have no intention of working in any field related to their degree, and then they moan that they can't get a job..... which brings me back to the first sentence in this paragraph
Old 25th March 2017, 20:14   #73
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I reckon this thread has gone off topic just slightly...

But, just for the record... these eastern European workers some folk are talking about are not afraid of hard work, not like us British.
Old 25th March 2017, 20:19   #74
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I reckon this thread has gone off topic just slightly...

Nuts anyone?

Last edited by MSS; 25th March 2017 at 20:32..
Old 25th March 2017, 20:56   #75
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I reckon this thread has gone off topic just slightly... :
Best sort of thread!

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 25th March 2017, 21:00   #76
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I have to say that whilst you make some interesting points in a few others posts, Mr Price, I find certain comments such as the above really quite sad. It would appear that when you see an East European manual worker or a cleaner in a hotel, you see a lowly paid monkey. When I see such people, I treat them with the greatest respect and what I see is the mother or father of a possible future scientist, engineer, doctor and so on.
Brilliant post. I wish more would have an ethic like that
Old 26th March 2017, 02:33   #77
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

I work 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year and can only dream of minimum wage. Check the time of my post, I'm still at it.

In fact even as much as those on JSA would be nice. And to think that my pay has just gone up to £62.70 a week.

As for ECP, only ever had one probelm locally, but like CP4L with the delivery.
Funny how there is always an offer on, ECP have -25%, CP4L have -12% while GSF have a massive -40 to -50% off. Turns out they're all about the same.

On a lighter note,

A man walks into his local motor factor and says, 'I need a starter motor for my car.'
Factor: 'yeah, we have them in stock, £100 each.'
Customer: 'The guy down the road only charges £50.'
Factor: 'Go and buy one of his then.'
Customer: 'He's out of stock.'
Factor: 'Well come back when we're out of stock and they'll be £50 then.'
Old 26th March 2017, 05:02   #78
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Interesting post,just read a report regarding the effect of automation in the workforce in Australia to 2025. Report states there will be a loss of 7.5 million jobs between now the then with new technologies only putting back 3.5 million jobs.Goes without saying online and a range of other tech changes will reduce it even more

So with this in mind,who is going to feed the reducing tax take and pay the taxes to keep roads ,hospitals etc going!!!
Looks like the people still working are the bunnies.
Only problem is, the businesses the are just remaining then get more pressure applied and fold up and so on .
I'm reminded of a story I heard about the head of Ford in the US was having work force issues so they automated part of the plant.
He was walking through the plant with the union boss and said "try signing these guys up to the union!" Union guy replied "try selling one of your cars to one of these guys "!!
Therein lies the problem,no jobs,no money,no economy!!
Old 26th March 2017, 05:39   #79
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

My Father once said to me there are only 4 jobs that the people in them will never be out of work.

Midwife
Undertaker
Solicitor
Accountant

Maybe it is time I started looking to retrain, not sure I fancy any on that list though.
Old 26th March 2017, 07:32   #80
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
My Father once said to me there are only 4 jobs that the people in them will never be out of work.

Midwife
Undertaker
Solicitor
Accountant

Maybe it is time I started looking to retrain, not sure I fancy any on that list though.
You forgot prostitute