Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th January 2017, 21:13   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default BT tv

As a follow on from this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=260827&page=2. Anybody have BT tv? Is it a realistic alternative to Sky? We've been with Sky since about 1995 and other than cost had no issues. Looking at what may happen with Discovery it's maybe time to look at other options. Virgin tv looks more expensive than sky so BT might be an option. Has anybody gone from one to the other?

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 27th January 2017 at 21:17..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2017, 22:41   #2
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Think that we're about to. As we already have BT Broadband, it looks relatively easy to swop over, would be nice to hear from someone who has it already though.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2017, 05:58   #3
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I've had it fro a few years now and it's ok. I don't watch sport and have the sports package free so a bit of a waste with me. I like how you can scroll back over the days to catch programmes I've missed as they start in the player of that channel i.e. IPlayer etc. One thing it can't do and my old Humax box could is rewind back to the start of a programme you want to record and it will record from the start the BT box can't. Series record etc is easy so I'd recommend it
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 09:00   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanks Les, will look more into it

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 29th January 2017, 09:14   #5
Snetty
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75

I have just got it on a half price deal, it seems OK at the moment.
Snetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2017, 10:02   #6
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
As a follow on from this thread http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=260827&page=2. Anybody have BT tv? Is it a realistic alternative to Sky? We've been with Sky since about 1995 and other than cost had no issues. Looking at what may happen with Discovery it's maybe time to look at other options. Virgin tv looks more expensive than sky so BT might be an option. Has anybody gone from one to the other?
Depending on what you watch have you looked at Freesat? Uses the same satellite so do not need to change the dish. If your TV has a decoder then connect direct to TV. If not, as I have done in a couple of rooms, I use the Sky box. It will show all the channels as before but the "paid" channels you will not be able to access.
Saving me a fortune.
Then you can choose to go anywhere for your broadband/telephone bundle.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 06:52   #7
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Someone several years ago, not on here I will add, did a quick reckon up
and then at that time they concluded that if you only want latest movies then it would work out cheaper the leave the package and rent the movies.
This was way back when a Sky movie cost about £3.50.
Just a thought though movies now are at least double that.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2017, 09:38   #8
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Question Android Box

Have you considered Android box, Kodi looks good alternative and free movies
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 06:48   #9
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Thanks for the replies. Kodi isn't an option for me. Looks like I'm going to stay with Sky for the moment seeing as things are sorted with Discovery

Old 2nd February 2017, 08:59   #10
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I can recommend taking a look at SkyQ, clever piece of kit with massive potential for expansion. You really need fibre for it to work properly but the multi-room option on it is superb. The volume of box sets, movies and on demand programs is huge in fairness. It also has an apps section with you tube and vevo already available. I was talking to a sky techy last week when he was at the factory and he says Netflix should also be joining the app store in the coming months.

It certainly has the technology for expansion and rumour has it the dish will soon go and all programming will be over the broadband.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote