Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2017, 00:01   #1
Ripley

ZT 190SE

Default MG ZT 190SE in Dark Fantasy

I am putting 'Mystique' up for sale.Some may recall that it was up for sale about a month ago, I decided in the end to get the work done to the car and get 12m MOT put on her. That's all done, so she's ready to go. All that's left is a light detail next week. I'm currently doing around 400 miles a week and I simply can't run her into the ground, she's too special. She possibly was a press car, as she has a press garage stamp in her book, but could equally be a MGR Management car as they all went through the press garage too.
She's 1 of 7 ZTs in Dark Fantasy and the only 190SE. She's done just over 91k and has been well looked after with the past 3 owners being enthusiasts. I've had her for very nearly a year now and loved every minute of it and will be very sad to see her go.

MOT: 12 Months (Feb 2018)
Specification:
Monogram Dark Fantasy Paint
Walnut Dash & Steering Wheel
Monogram Oxford Cream Sports Leather
Heated Seats
Electrical & Memory Drivers Adjustment
Electrical & Passenger Adjustment (inc. Height!)
Cruise Control
Traction Control
Auto Dimming Rear Mirror
Driver's Intelligence Pack
Sunroof
2x Keys

Minor Works (In the previous ownership)
Sunroof Drain up block and modify to prevent blockage
Boot Leaks (Side trim & rear seals)
Refurbished lights
New Upgraded Shannon Tub
Fan Resistor Modification
Jules Drain guard
Cleared all drains and fitted new pollen filter
Chrome Vent kit installed
New 096 Battery fitted (April 2016)
260 Front Bumper Bib Spoiler

Major Works:
April 2015 - 82364
Gavin @ MGROVER REPAIR
Cambelt Kit Fitted
Water pump
Thermostat
X6 spark plugs
Oil and coolant change

Since I've had it....
Upgrades:
Vibe 'Black Death' door speakers and tweeters, retro fitted the HK Sub, with uprated Rainbow Subs all wired to a Black Air 5 channel 1750w amp.
Removed Hiline nav (which was kept and will be supplied with car if you prefer OEM) and fitted a Navall Star (Android Head Unit) in its place
Retro fitted rear blind
Fitted Surround Camera System (Shown in photos) - I believe the only ZT in the UK with it fitted (as far as I know)

Work done: (All done by Nick at Austin Garages, anyone who knows him, knows that he is very thorough with his work and is highly respected. If a car has been looked after by him, you know its been well cared for).

VIS1 Replaced - both now work
'A' Service carried out @ 84k miles, next not due for 9,000 miles
Rear N/S and O/S brake pipes replaced from just under the driver's seat back - done with quality pipe work, not the bodged cable tied effort that was on there before.
Fitted Missing Fuel Tank Heat Shield
Replaced both front lower ball joint gaiters
Finally Fixed (for good) both sunroof drains.
New Coolant Rail Fitted (Upgraded Stainless Steel)
Rear seat Squad latches fixed (they stopped working)
New Coolant Sensor
Fuel Pressure Regulator Modification applied
Replaced broken rear number plate board
Replace Oil Cam Shaft end cap seals
Replace Headlight washer pump
Fault causing the EML to come on has been rectified

All in all just under £2k spent on it, I'd challenge you to find a ZT in better mechanical condition, its had all the mechanical issues sorted out that I inherited it with and it flew through the MOT with ZERO advisories and a virtually perfect emissions performance. It drives superbly, with both VIS motors working it is simply sublime to drive. Sounds awesome with the aftermarket back box too (unknown make, but it sounds good). All the electrics work as well - including the heated seats, they've been superb lately!

The paint is in pretty good condition, bearing in mind its 13 years old this year. The front has a fair amount of stone chips, as you'd expect with the age and mileage. There's a slight scuff around the driver's side foglamp, but no splits or major damage. There's a faint blemish on the boot lid which you can only see when the light hits it right. There's a small dent on the roof, which to be honest probably needs seeing to as its starting to rust slightly - it was on my list of things to sort out in the spring. Other than that its pretty much good, no major scratches to report.

There are no leaks that I'm aware of. The sunroof drains where finally fixed by Austin Garages after previous attempts and the boot is also nice and dry. When the sunroof drains were fixed, I took the carpet completely out of the car to dry and ran around in a bare car for a month or two! Glad to say that no water ingress was visible after the drains were fixed.

I feel its only fair to point out any bad points and truthfully there is only one, its got a slow water leak. I have to top it up slightly perhaps once every 2,000 miles or so. The thermostat was changed not so long ago and there doesn't seem to be any visible signs, the only thing I can think it is, is a very slight vapour leak somewhere when hot and as such it doesn't leave any visible marks.

She's currently returning around 36mpg on a motorway run, which is pretty impressive, with around 450 miles to a tank. Naturally this drops somewhat if you're mainly driving around town!

So, the price is £4K, or nearest offer. The first person to offer me £4K gets it basically, otherwise if you want to haggle, you run the risk of being beaten to the punch. Those who saw it listed before will know this is more than I paid, but given the amount of work done to the car and the mechanical standard it is at, I feel its worth it. The last time this car was for sale the seller got bombarded with offers and messages, I was just lucky I was the first one to see it and thus buy it.

For who say £4K is a lot - all I'd say is try and find another in this condition and in one of the rarest and best monogram paints. I'd say that £4K is right for a unique car such as this, which has been looked after by one of the best independent MGR garages out there to a very high standard. Its had all the usual issues addressed (plenums, sunroofs, leaks etc..) and a lot of love and attention over the years.

It has been described as one of the best ZTs around and naturally I'd agree. Bearing in mind its a 13 year old car, its pretty much perfect, mechanically its in very good condition and all being well, should last for another 13 years at least! What she needs is someone with the time to invest in the small paint defects and then you've got a perfect showcar. I was hoping that would be me, but sadly I don't have the time anymore, plus doing 20K a year is borderline criminal to a car as special as she is.

Timing wise, I'm not in a huge rush to sell as I now have got the replacement. If you are interested but aren't quite in the position to take her yet, that's fine drop me a line and we'll see what we can sort out.
You can message me through FB or via email - [email protected]
I hope she brings the next owner as much fun as she has brought me, I will miss her.

Last edited by sworks; 5th March 2017 at 07:30..
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 00:01   #2
Ripley

ZT 190SE

I drove it back from the Garage today after it being there for nearly a month, for a variety of reasons and I have to say, although the XFR is leagues ahead, it was still very nice to be back in the ZT again. I don't know what it is about them, but they are absolutely superb cars to drive and lovely cabins to be in.

Totally different to the beast of the XFR, but tbh, its just as pleasurable to drive. I was even trying to justify keeping it, but I can't - I don't have anywhere under cover to keep her, nor space for a 3rd car.

Still, I wasn't really prepared to feel that way, it was odd. I was expecting to feel like a step down from the Jag, but oddly it didn't. Different yes, step down? No. Special? Absolbloodylutely.

MG Really got the driving experience right with a ZT, if this is the last ZT I own, I definitely saved the best until last.

Last edited by Ripley; 5th March 2017 at 00:04.. Reason: Added Pics
Old 5th March 2017, 00:02   #3
Ripley

ZT 190SE

More Photos....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170304_172313.jpg (133.3 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 20170121_144335.jpg (134.8 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 20170121_144344.jpg (129.9 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 20170121_144404.jpg (124.6 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Ripley; 5th March 2017 at 00:09.. Reason: Added More Pics
Old 5th March 2017, 07:31   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Phone number removed as per forum rules. Good luck with the sale, this is stunning

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2017, 08:03   #5
Ripley

ZT 190SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Phone number removed as per forum rules. Good luck with the sale, this is stunning
D'oh, keep forgetting that rule! Sorry.
Old 5th March 2017, 18:26   #6
Ripley

ZT 190SE

Deposit taken! I didn't think it would hang around. Had I seen his message earlier, it would have sold within half an hour of me posting it! lol

To a member on here, no less too