Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th March 2017, 13:35   #1
Casper171072

Rover 75 saloon

Default Hi Line no working

I have a 2005 Conni SE with the factory fitted Hiline stereo with the sat nav and TV. Only had the car a month and everything has worked perfectly untill a week ago when the stereo stopped working. Wont turn on, nothing. The car has been into a garage for a new cambelt so whilst it was there i had them check out the stereo but no answers. Fuses, connections ok etc.

Is this a common problem, are they fixable or not. I have seen another one that looks identical from a BMW E46. Are they a direct swap or not.

Any help would be appriciated
Casper171072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 09:51   #2
Robbberd
Loves to post

MG ZT

Hi

obviously check fuses , but check for damp, water ingress in the boot , its a common problem with all the cars , but all your stereo systems are stored in the boot.

good luck
Robbberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2017, 13:40   #3
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Does the head unit in the dash switch on, press the right hand knob in and you should see an illuminated triangle to the right of the knob at the two o'clock position?
The radio module in in the spare wheel well, under a protective cover, you need to remove the plastic trim which covers the boot lock (just pulls up, give it a good tug) then remove the guard over the modules, four plastic 'scrivit' fixings and the guard lifts out. The radio module is on the right hand side as you look into the wheel well, it just lifts out of its bracket by pulling the module upwards, you need to check whether there is signs of water damage to the module and check the fuse in the module, this is located behind the multi-plug, which has to be removed to expose the fuse (5 amp) I'd check the video module for water damage as well, it's the one on the left hand side and it is held in place with one screw, through the bracket on the top right hand side, the video module doesn't have any external fuses to check.
Whilst in the boot I'd check the satnav computer / CD drive unit fitted to the right hand side of the boot, release by inserting four thin screwdrivers (or the proper tool if you have it!) into the four holes in the front of the CD drive facia, one in each corner, the drive should then pull forward from its bracket enough to release the two multi-plugs and the aerial. DON'T FORGET TO ALLOW THE SATNAV TO SHUT DOWN PROPERLY - WAIT FOR THE RED LIGHT ON THE DRIVE TO GO OUT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE OR DISCONNECT THE DRIVE once the drive is removed, again inspect for signs of water ingress.

Steve

PS. An E46 radio module (BM24) is a direct replacement for the Rover item, there are usually available from Ebay.

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built

Last edited by stevenkeyte; 24th March 2017 at 13:44..
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 08:24   #4
Casper171072

Rover 75 saloon

Thats for the advice, i will check all of those points myself then. Plus i will keep an eye out for the E46 one just in case. i did look in the boot which is completely dry (its an estate) and it looks like it has never suffered the water issues. But i will check all the fuses etc.

I did notice thought that when the lights on the car are on the stereo does light up with the instruments. It just wont turn on or provide any other signs of life.
Casper171072 is offline   Reply With Quote