Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 14:39   #1
criky18

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Centre Consul Satnav/Audio/ etc problems

HiLine Audio / navigation system. Centre consul. 2004 cdt Tourer.
Been having problems for some time but now at stage where non of the buttons or switches do anything on this unit mounted in the centre consul
1. Sat nav has been playing up for long time sending me in wrong directions. No longer used.
2. Last year the screen started showed a different colour with lack of response to menu knob selector. Could not change between settings.
3. Still get change of screen colour ( currently bright blue) but can no longer switch off using knob. Headings sometimes not shown and non are now selectable.
4. Whole unit seems to have frozen .
5. Now cannot get any radio or other mode. Radio completely dead from consul and steering wheel controls.
6. Have today removed from consul and wd40 on connectors. No change.
7. Satnav unit in boot given similar treatment.
8. So apart from some items still showing on screen, it is dead.
Any suggestions, reset techniques or recovery methods appreciated. I'd certainly like the radio back.
Thank you.........
criky18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 15:14   #2
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

First thing that springs to mind is have the units in the boot been subject to water damage (i.e. the radio tuner module, TV/ video module and trip computer CD drive)

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 15:59   #3
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

As stated above water damage I'm afraid
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 08:43   #4
criky18

Rover 75 Tourer

Thank you gentlemen. Good start. No signs of wet in the boot area (hatchback). Spare wheel basin dry.

Can only find the satnav unit in the side panel - are there other units or water catchment areas I've missed in boot area? I'm presuming the 'radio' is only housed in the centre consul unit unless there are bits elsewhere?

I did check front plenum behind engine as this known as regular water trap with possible ecu problems. All dry with drains clear.

Any associated fuses that may have gone ?

Appreciate thinking caps on again please.
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:47   #5
RepoUK
Loves to post

R75 CDTi Tourer 160bhp

There are some other parts mounted against the boot rear under the trim, on the rear offside pillar under the trim (connects to the rear windscreen), and the rear nearside pillar under the trim (connects to the rear windscreen). http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001660

RepoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 08:21   #6
criky18

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Getting somewhere.

Thank you - you have put me on the right track.

Opened up the satnav box in boot and whilst no external sign of water it is clear one of the circuit boards has a 'mouldy' corner, slightly green and certainly caused by damp.

I have brushed off the mould on the visible surface and given both this unit and the centre consul some intense drying against a radiator for 24 hours. Refitted both and my radio and cd are back in full glory. I also had a normal colour screen and even the satnav showed in on the screen for a short period - now gone again but radio ok.

Today I will dig deeper in the satnav box and check plugins and other side of board with a further drying period. Hope I don't screw up the returned radio which is the important bit of the system.

Query??? Satnav controls are clearly with the boot box, but does this also contain the 'radio' controls or are these only in the centre consul box? Or perhaps split between the two.

Obliged for help so far.
Old 26th March 2017, 14:25   #7
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

The Video unit and the Radio unit are both in the boot.(under the plastic cover at the rear).

Cheers
Old 26th March 2017, 15:49   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by criky18 View Post
Can only find the satnav unit in the side panel - are there other units or water catchment areas I've missed in boot area? I'm presuming the 'radio' is only housed in the centre consul unit unless there are bits elsewhere?
The radio and amp are in a remote unit, in the wheel well in the saloon. A second unit is the TV tuner, video unit. The display at the front, is just a display and wired remote control. Then there is a Satnav unit and possibly a CD changer /player unit.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote