Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th March 2017, 11:51   #11
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
The wonders of modern technology - only 90 minutes for an 80% charge and a range of 248 miles.

Takes me all of 2 minutes to completely fill the tank and then it is good for another 600 miles.

Still that's progress for you, and it is a cracking looking car.
The range is being quoted as 300+ miles and once they become available it'll be able to charge at up to 150Kw which will bring the recharge down a lot. Plus the biggest benefit is that I'll never have to visit a petrol station again
Old 25th March 2017, 13:38   #12
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Hmmm took a look and first thing I thought of was Ford Focus ...................... why oh why cannot a cr firm make an individual car now one that actually looks different and not just a clone of one.
Old 25th March 2017, 14:20   #13
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
The Merc's going well, I still badly miss the engine note of the ZT however the sheer power the mercedes has is very addictive Overall averaging just over 40mpg which bearing in mind my driving style and the types of roads around here is very good however still a very, very long way off the claimed 68mpg!

Well the dealer gave me an 'indication' of the final price and the deposit is refundable should I change my mind once the final pricing and specs are available. Admittedly £60k is a lot for a car however it's substantially cheaper than the Tesla I was considering replacing the merc with!
You do know that it's supposed to be "from" £60K and the £60k version comes with manual rear windows and steel wheels with trims, an I-Pace Classic I believe...
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 16:24   #14
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

The expression "Haters gonna hate" springs to mind for some reason... I really like the I-Pace and am very much looking forward to seeing your one posted up here!

It is different and I am sure it will sell like hotcakes!

👍👍👍

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 16:43   #15
sponge_mike
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
You do know that it's supposed to be "from" £60K and the £60k version comes with manual rear windows and steel wheels with trims, an I-Pace Classic I believe...
If you're paying upwards of £60k for a car, I wouldn't have thought that the addition of these items are going to make too much of a hole in your budget

Mike
sponge_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2017, 21:46   #16
Christopher Price
Banned

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyland Worldmaster View Post
The expression "Haters gonna hate" springs to mind for some reason... I really like the I-Pace and am very much looking forward to seeing your one posted up here!

It is different and I am sure it will sell like hotcakes!

👍👍👍
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_mike View Post
If you're paying upwards of £60k for a car, I wouldn't have thought that the addition of these items are going to make too much of a hole in your budget

Mike
Blimey, I think some people on here need to take a chill pill, my last post was meant to be humorous, not start WW3. I'm sure whatever version the OP buys, will be a great car, as I'm a massive fan of the new Jaguar product.
Christopher Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 08:54   #17
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
The range is being quoted as 300+ miles and once they become available it'll be able to charge at up to 150Kw which will bring the recharge down a lot. Plus the biggest benefit is that I'll never have to visit a petrol station again

In the link you posted Jaguar claimed a range of 310+ miles, and an 80% battery recharge in 90 minutes.

80% of 310 is 248 miles - great if you never go further than 100 or so miles from home, but pretty much useless in my line of work.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 09:16   #18
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I don't think they work for everyone right now but the range is plenty for most. I think the average length of commute is 21 miles and the average per year is ~7000 miles.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2017, 10:50   #19
guru
Posted a thing or two

No electric cars are certainly not for everyone yet however a range of 300+ miles means that I can get to my Dad's in Somerset with miles to spare and seeing an the most I ever do in a day is 100 miles I should never have a problem. When the 150Kw chargers come out I'm guessing the time to charge will drop to around half an hour which is the perfect length of time to grab a coffee and stretch your legs. In fact the only time I can ever see it being a problem is on the drive to the south of France which is around 900 miles, however as we only tend to do that once every 4 or 5 years we could probably just fly and hire a car instead.

I think that a 300 mile range makes electric cars quite usable for most people. Like it or not I think that within the next half a decade electric cars will start to become the norm and the internal combustion engine will be a threatened species, however for us petrol heads that's a very good thing as it will leave more fuel for us to use and once electric cars become dominant the government will focus less on taxing petrol cars out of existence and more on making money out of electric ones!
Old 27th March 2017, 10:56   #20
guru
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
Hmmm took a look and first thing I thought of was Ford Focus ...................... why oh why cannot a cr firm make an individual car now one that actually looks different and not just a clone of one.
I'm going to have to respectfully ask.....are you crazy?!!!!! Are you seriously trying to tell me that this:

Looks like this:

I mean, granted they both have 4 wheels and some seats but other then that they're about as similar as a ZT is to this: