Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th March 2017, 10:52   #1
Robti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 190+,Rover 800 vitesse coupe

Default Wiring reversing camera to a rungrace

Hi I bought the special from Dallas thread and a cheap reversing camera from China, so I have the camera fitted to the tourer tailgate but could do with some help with the positive supply.

I have a red & black, so Earth the black but what to do with the positive, connect to the reversing light supply or run back to the head unit and connect to the reverse wire from that, have a couple of pics for the installation leaflet ?

Thanks
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Robti; 25th March 2017 at 10:54..
Robti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 11:43   #2
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Rob, my thread HERE... may help you. Just ignore the 'Pink' colour reverse wire, as on the RunGrace unit the reverse wire is 'Brown'.

You would need to connect the Red+ wire from the camera to the reverse light feed from the rear light cluster (the reverse light wire is the green wire with the brown stripe), that is if you want the camera to be triggered when reverse gear is selected. Some people wire their camera permanently live so to switch the screen to reverse at any point they wish.

You will also need to run a wire from the RunGrace DD brown trigger wire to connect to the camera red wire/reverse light feed, this is to send the live signal down to the DD trigger cable to activate the reverse screen.

It looks like your reverse camera you have bought does not have the red trigger wire at each end of the long RCA Video signal cable.

Many cameras bought from China now come with a red trigger wire that is incorporated into the yellow plug RCA video signal cable. The video signal cable runs from front to rear of car to supply the video signal from the camera to the DD unit, the added red cable allows the trigger feed to hi-jack the RCA feed to run the trigger signal alongside (genius idea).

Take note of the short red cable entering the yellow RCA plug, that will carry the trigger signal from the DD unit to the camera live red+ wire. If your RCA video cable dont have the red wire, you will need to run a separate wire from front to back yourself.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2017, 15:19   #3
Robti
Posted a thing or two

Thanks Dallas that's the way I am doing it now, so as far as I can see the brown wire is only the trigger wire for the screen to change when reverse is selected.

I am running a cable along with the video cable from the rear cubby hole up to the head unit to get the auto switching screen working and hopefully tie it in to the reverse light in the cubby as that's where I have brought all the cables to.

Really helps when someone who has done it all before gives you some help.

Thanks again

Argh just read your other post, forgot about the fuse, trots off to find one lol

Last edited by Robti; 26th March 2017 at 15:22..
Robti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 10:10   #4
Peterd1947
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Do not use the one that fits the number plate light aperture. They are a botch job and questions remain regarding MOT fail. The bulb cannot be fitted when the camera is inserted and it bends the bulb mountings due to lack of room. Have mounted mine at side of badge protrusion by modifying the camera mount.
Peterd1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 11:44   #5
Robti
Posted a thing or two

Thanks got one for a tourer from china £13 delivered so happy with that and it looks identical to the Ines others have fitted on here