Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th April 2024, 11:41   #31
rga1983

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo138 View Post
I got my other half to drive my car today while I had a listen for a 'noise'.

None detected
My original Hyundai IONIQ hybrid didn't have a pedestrian warning sound, I think it was added at the facelift. All the current Hybrids we sell at the dealer group I work for have some sort of pedestrian warning sound.
rga1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2024, 12:31   #32
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rga1983 View Post
My original Hyundai IONIQ hybrid didn't have a pedestrian warning sound, I think it was added at the facelift. All the current Hybrids we sell at the dealer group I work for have some sort of pedestrian warning sound.
My (company) Passat is only 14 months old, so I would expect it to be up to date - ish.

I've just had a look at a Passat forum and the only reference I found was from about 7 years ago and suggested that the E-sound was an optional extra.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 09:41   #33
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

i see Tesla have just sacked 10% of its workforce.
Uptake of Ev’s here in Australia have stalled at about 9% of driven cars and dealers in the US have car lots full of them and cant move them.
Hybrids make sense but all this take of eradicating diesel engines is stupidity,
tell the local farmer, where is he find an electric harvester with 500hp that runs day and night .
Politicians , Living in the land of make believe.
In Australia you could not leave a city area without a petrol of diesel car and any public charge stations a far and few out in remote areas- piweted by diesel generators - what a joke!
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 13:10   #34
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
Uptake of Ev’s here in Australia have stalled at about 9% of driven cars and dealers in the US have car lots full of them and cant move them.
Hybrids make sense but all this take of eradicating diesel engines is stupidity,
tell the local farmer, where is he find an electric harvester with 500hp that runs day and night .
In Australia you could not leave a city area without a petrol of diesel car and any public charge stations a far and few out in remote areas- piweted by diesel generators - what a joke!
Yeah, no good for the outback but I wouldn't put 100% of the blame on just politician. Global money and environmentalists (living in utopia land) have promoted pressure groups which in turn political parties take note of. Remember not one of the G7 - G9 countries has mentioned it being a load of cobblers. We all would like a planet closer to net zero but we don't want to live in the stone age!
Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 23rd April 2024 at 10:20.. Reason: spelling
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2024, 15:06   #35
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post

Hare in the Uk 95% of car journeys are under 10 miles. Most car owners probably only have a need to do one or two 100 mile journeys each year. The majority of people live in urban areas. An EV is ideal for such usage patterns. The issue is more one of mindset than practicality in most cases.
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:52   #36
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

The thing about ‘mind set’ is that it is usually born of personal experience and therefore essentially valid, providing the view is considered rather than mere unsupported dogma. However, that is not the issue here.

It’s more one of commerce, and the shifting of dependency on volatile producers for wheels of all kinds to keep turning both literally and politically. Markets all over the world for such innovations are shrinking for a variety of reasons including current costs and what is around the corner when market saturation is reached – if it eventually does.

Witness the current news of highly volatile political climates, and even wars, causing factories to close with an aftermath of hundreds of unsold cars being stockpiled in fields. That’ll do the steel a lot of good! Once again the market is dominated by money men igniting fires and then selling the means of putting them out.

Not sure whether it was that Trump chap or Warren Buffet that coined that phrase, but it works!
Old 22nd April 2024, 18:46   #37
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
We are all able to make our own choices. It's the half-truths and downright lies that irk me, all in the interests of supposedly 'saving the planet'. The money men thinking that all the people can be fooled all the time is a concern.

The uptake is proving to be, well, hesitant to say the least. It's a racket, but then this particular aspect of 'global warming' is another product of the motor trade after all. The fluctuating global temperature has been so for millions of years, how vain can we get? Doesn't anybody wonder why the 'pothole' phenomenon on such a scale is such a recent thing?

Might I suggest the "pothole phenonomen" is nowt to do with global warming but everything to do with local authorities not spending the money on highways?
Old 22nd April 2024, 19:53   #38
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Just been reading that in that great automotive country, America, this new fangled ‘ auto drive’ while you read the paper, has been the cause of three deaths lately, all because the car drove into the back of the one in front. Good is it not this modern technology. Nob heads trying to invent everything that is useless. They will reinvent the wheel next. Numpties.
Old 22nd April 2024, 19:53   #39
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

You couldn't be more right Dave. GW is being put out as a phenomenon that causes everything from spider's webs not being square to storms on Venus. Then, of course, the sensible habits of many lifetimes can be trashed in the name of the latest money earning scam that gets massive priority with new restrictions on lifestyles. Inevitably, costing more.

The truth is councillors, with few exceptions, are just not qualified to be overseeing huge sums of public money and are subject to various lobbying outfits with their own priorities. Many of them (councillors) have honourable intention but get stymied by the system.

Potholes? That's under highways infrastructure without a doubt. I can't see why there should not be a legal liability for all vehicular damage caused to vehicles being so affected. Funds to cover the liability could be diverted from the many 'woke' rubbish adventures that would no doubt receive public acclaim. Oh, and deserve another term in office next time. Pigs might fly.
Old 23rd April 2024, 10:24   #40
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Couldn’t have put it better myself. Just been reading that in that great automotive country, America, this new fangled ‘ auto drive’ while you read the paper, has been the cause of three deaths lately, all because the car drove into the back of the one in front. Good is it not this modern technology. Nob heads trying to invent everything that is useless. They will reinvent the wheel next. Numpties.
Heh, heh, heh! At least in the UK we can point to another award winning innovation........the "Smart Motorway."
Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote