Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd March 2023, 08:38   #1
STEVE_M

Rover 75 1.8T Saloon

Default 1.8T for sale

NOW SOLD.

Rover 75 RJ52 RZX

Hi,

I’m looking for a good home for my 75 1.8T Club SE. It’s served me well over the past couple of years but I’ve started to do a greater mileage and sadly have just bought something with greater fuel economy, although the 1.8Ts don’t do too badly relative to their power output.

This 75 was bought from a well regarded garage on 11-05-21. Prior to collection they carried out full service plus a new cambelt and water pump.

First registered: 31-10-02
VIN: SARRJSLRE3D264189
Colour: Copperleaf Red
Cambelt last changed: 42,961
Mileage now: 60,000
MOT until: 6th May 2024
UPDATE: MOT passed with the following advisories: front exhaust section slight leak - this was repaired by my mechanic. Nearside rear tyrewall damaged to limit. Offside rear tyre perishing in treads. Offside rear brake binding slightly - this was fixed by my mechanic. Nearside wheel rim bent on inner face - as noted elsewhere I have bought a spare wheel so that this can be eventually sorted.

ULEZ compliant.

Two working remote keys plus two plain ‘open the doors only’ spare keys.

A brief run-down of later service/repair items is as follows:

03-06-21 Crankshaft sensor replaced.

27-04-22 New clutch and service.
Note that the replacement slave cylinder was the improved metal type.

24-06-22 Head gasket replaced.
The head was skimmed and the much improved up-rated gasket set used. This was carried out by the chap who has done the more involved work on our family Rovers over the last 26 years or so, and this was the 11th head gasket on a ‘K’ that he has done, and none ever failed again. I mention this because there is currently a small coolant loss, probably about ½ litre per 100 miles. My previous car was another 1.8T and it always had a minor coolant loss, and while irritating sometimes it was something I grew to live with. I suspect many 75s are similar. I ended up replacing 5 hoses on my previous car with the silicone type that I cut to size. The originals with ‘pimples’ seem to be particularly prone to crumbling. Also, this model had several coolant junctions with ‘O-ring’ seals which can weep. This is particularly annoying (no Jubilee clip to tweak up), the only solution being a replacement. I’m sure that the loss is not due to the head gasket going again, although I’ve not managed to locate where the leak is. Any prospective purchaser is welcome to bring a gasket leak tester to assure themselves.

Update on 21-04-23: coolant leak now diagnosed to water pump by my mechanic - annoying as supposedly replaced when originally purchased.

Update on 01-06-23: I've now purchased a new water pump which will be included with the other spares that I have.

11-01-23 Power steering belt replaced.

12-01-23 Both front tyres replaced.
At the previous MOT the only advisories were slight dents to the inners of the two nearside wheels. Two good replacements were obtained and when the front tyres where replaced the front nearside wheel was changed over. The car will come with the remaining wheel so that the rear nearside can be changed when the rear tyres eventually need replacing. This will have an additional ‘fix’ in that the existing nearside rear wheel has some scratches on the outer surface whereas the replacement is in quite good condition. The front replacements were Avon ZV7 97W (extra load). The general opinions only rate the ZV7s as ‘mid-range’ tyres but I’ve always bought these as replacements on my 75s and think they are pretty underrated. I live in an area where the potholes are not regularly sorted and can recommend extra load ZV7s. I’ve never had a tyre go whereas I have had a road-spring give up.

26-05-23 Rear brake pads replaced.

The body work is in very reasonable shape for it’s age. The only dent that I know of is to the nearside sill. There is a scuff mark on the rear bumper and one to the rear wing, both shown on the photos. There are lines of fine scratches on the doors mainly to the nearside, from bushes on narrow lanes. Some kind soul put a scratch down the side which is too deep to polish out.

When the engine is switched off there is a faint ‘donk’ ‘donk’ ‘donk’ from the rear which gradually reduces in frequency, and last 2 – 3 minutes. It’s definitely fuel related because when the filler cap is removed this effect dies away in a few seconds. It’s been there ever since I bought the car – I didn’t notice it until I’d had it a couple of days. It’s never caused any problems but I’d have liked to have sorted it if only out of curiosity. It has been suggested that it could be something not quite right with the fuel breather that lives near to the fuel pump under the rear seat. I’d love to know what this is and if anyone reading this has come across it before or otherwise knows of it please let me know

On very cold mornings the gear change can be a bit sticky for a few minutes.

There is an occasional rattle from the rear of the exhaust, but has just passed thy MOT so may just be knocking on a bracket or something.

The aircon needs a re-gas.

On the really minor side the offside rear door needs three pushes of the remote to fully push up the release button, and on cold days using the internal boot release button you can hear it try several times to release. In extremis the key works fine. My first 75 had the same door release quirk, the second had it on the rear nearside door, and both had the boot release thing. I’m sure many 75 owners will recognise these!

She really needs someone who knows these cars to replace the water pump, sort the aircon etc.

The price asked is £650 ONO. It would be great if it went to a club member, but it'll be advertised elsewhere soon.

I’m located in Haywards Heath in West Sussex.

Thanks for looking,

Steve.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...6&d=1679171494

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...0&d=1679171022

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...1&d=1679171081

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...3&d=1679171317

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...4&d=1679171369

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...7&d=1679171932

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1050356.jpg (141.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg P1050357.jpg (138.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg P1050358.jpg (139.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1050360.jpg (137.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1050359.jpg (132.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1050362.jpg (140.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg P1050363.jpg (137.1 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by STEVE_M; 8th July 2023 at 20:54.. Reason: To declare 'sold'.
STEVE_M is offline   Reply With Quote