Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st November 2007, 07:58   #1
pmaliphant

Rover 75 CDT 2002

Thumbs up 75 Diesel Engine poor running / rattle / vibration (FIXED)

This is a problem solved but I thought the symptoms might help others:

Over the past few months my CDT (90,000 miles) has developed a serious vibration around 1600rpm, then a loud tappetty rattle at low revs and a generally lumpy running. Having browsed the forum I had a fair idea of several possible causes - MAF, injectors etc. - so booked it in to my local (ex) Rover service centre (no names but it's just outside Bristol to the west). To my surprise they could diagnose no fault, suggesting the clutch flywheel was the problem.

This didn't fit the symptoms for me, so I booked the car into DTM in Bristol. 48 hours later, this excellent outfit gave me a back an almost unrecognisably smooth, purring car. They found two injectors had completely failed the diagnostics and the other two failed on three tests.

All four have been refurbished with a 12 month warranty at a cost of £120+VAT each. Not cheap but its great to have back the car we've known and loved for the past 5 years.

I've found the information on this forum very helpful in identifying and fixing this. Thanks to all who posted related items!:
pmaliphant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 09:55   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

That's very good news for you and a splendid first post, glad the forum members have been of assistance.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 12:29   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

I think majority of all first posts are "help" I know mine was, and my subsequent 20 or so. To find one that is info for members is a really nice change. Hats off to you Pmaliphant, member since June, 1st problem solved and reported back for other to learn from. (not like me then, always asking wots wrong)

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 17:30   #4
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
I think majority of all first posts are "help" I know mine was, and my subsequent 20 or so. To find one that is info for members is a really nice change. Hats off to you Pmaliphant, member since June, 1st problem solved and reported back for other to learn from. (not like me then, always asking wots wrong)
And "WHAT'S WRONG" with that Dave