Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd March 2017, 07:20   #1
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts
Exclamation Adobe Creative Cloud

A cautionary word to any members using or considering using Adobe CC. If, like me you believe you will be paying a monthly subscription, think again. Then go and read the small print. Adobe makes it appear as a monthly subscription: suggesting a flexibility iaf you don't want/need it for a couple of months. The truth is that the are selling you an annual subscription with monthly payments.

To add insult to it they (and it's in the small print) will automatically renew annually. 'No great deal' I here you say, 'plenty of services having rolling contracts'. Maybe but as I'm sure you know most can (and do) only claim annual contract for that first year then it's monthly rolling when payment is monthly. Not so with Adobe CC. A cancellation is not only seen as a cancellation of an annual contract - but the contract start is seen as the initial year you first signed up.

For example, yesterday I went to cancel my subscription, I haven't used CC in a while and have no plans to in the near future. Yesterday was also the anniversary of the contract I first took out last year. The response (automated) through the Adobe website is to give an option of cancelling by paying 6 months up-front and service will terminate at the end of the month, OR get 60 days free and then continue (presumably a new) contract. They (wrongly) are saying that it's outside of your 14 days (covered by Customer contract regulations - formerly the distance selling regulations) to cancel because your(my) annual contract started a year ago. At the same time they are telling me I have a new annual contract!

Poppycock! says I. I have cancelled any authority for Adobe to take payment (I was paying through Paypal) and also claimed a refund for this months payment. I have told Adobe and Paypal that I am within my rights under customer contract legislation to do so (I haven't used the service since the 'start' of the contract).

I'll post further info 'as it happens' if there's sufficient interest.

P.S - I should add that the cost has been £8.57 (inc vat) per month. They want 6 months paying in lump in order to cancel. The only way by their rules to cancel and not lose out is to cancel during the final month of a years contract - and before it 'automatically' renews (without a 14 day cancellation period!).

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 2nd March 2017 at 11:04..
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 07:29   #2
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Swindlers! There are plenty of lower cost or even free alternatives available out there.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:07   #3
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Now motivated to actually learn to effectively use GIMP instead.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:16   #4
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I bought the subscription using my student discount. I need the whole software package anyway so it's no big deal for me.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 17:20   #5
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I have been paying £6.99 pm for the cloud, Lightroom, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere. A special deal for long standing customers. I received an email last month to let me know that the monthly payment is going up next month to £10.10 pm. I will not be impacted or charged until September, the annual renewal date. Adobe has promised to email in August a reminder should I wish to renew or cancel. They claim the increase to £10.10 pm is a result of global fluctuations in currency exchange rates. That's their excuse!
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2017, 19:11   #6
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
I bought the subscription using my student discount. I need the whole software package anyway so it's no big deal for me.
Just make sure you know whether you are on a monthly subscription with monthly payment OR an Annual subscription with monthly repayment. If it's the latter then make sure that you cancel during the last month of your year when you'll no longer need/want it. I canceled on the renewal date and they have tried to sting me for 6months - while only providing a months worth that I don't want!

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 13th March 2017, 06:56   #7
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Latest news is that after going through the claims procedure for 'significantly different' with Paypal, Adobe failed to respond to the claim within the time limit so Paypal has refunded the £8.57 for this month's payment. I had a few emails from Adobe CC last week requesting I 'update your payment details' because they couldn't get any money (presumably the £47 cancellation fee), and that my CC service might be interrupted . But I haven't seen any of those for a few days now, so I'm hoping they've given up.

On the plus side I'm trying a 10 trial of Affinity Photo (produced by Serif) which is around £50 mark to purchase a (one-off) licence.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 13th March 2017, 07:01   #8
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I have been paying £6.99 pm for the cloud, Lightroom, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere. A special deal for long standing customers. I received an email last month to let me know that the monthly payment is going up next month to £10.10 pm. I will not be impacted or charged until September, the annual renewal date. Adobe has promised to email in August a reminder should I wish to renew or cancel. They claim the increase to £10.10 pm is a result of global fluctuations in currency exchange rates. That's their excuse!
Don't rely on the reminder email to arrive. They say they send them but most evidence online from other disgruntled users (over the last 4 years at least) suggests that they very rarely do. I went back through all the emails from Adobe and found no reminder email for my subscription renewal.

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do:
Old 18th March 2017, 18:48   #9
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

A quick update. I'd thought that Adobe CC had given up, but received yet another email on Friday - threatening to cancel my service if I don't update my payment details to allow them to take payment!

This time I've responded, pointing out that I've canceled the service already through the links on the Adobe CC membership page and withdrawn all payment authorisation and have no wish to have any sort of continuing relationship with them: and to not send me any more emails as I will treat that as harrasment and act accordingly (although what that might be I've no Idea as yet).

Where?:
Mods/Retrofits:

To do: