Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd September 2017, 23:41   #1
Abbadon
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Default Pair of cars - opportunity for someone with more time than me

Having now re-subscribed, I can repost the below. For anyone who replied but I missed your reply, please PM me or re-post ref the cars.

I have both an MG ZT diesel and a Rover 75 diesel for sale, both in need of various bits of work, that at this time I cant justify paying someone to do at extortionate labour rates.

In the past id have tackled it myself but kids and work and my wifes illness are taking up all of my time, so I am going to have to wave goodbye to both the carriages.

The MG ZT is silver, 04 plate, 160k miles, 135hp spec. Its a manual. Has half leather in black, silver dash. driver seat is rough rest are fine.

Is sitting on rover 75 alloys i think they are 15s.

Cosmetically it's a bit rough, and has always been rough during my ownership. The bonnet had loads of cat scratches all over it , and being stood for a while has only made it worse!

Mechanically its pretty good, engine has always run faultlessly. It has an line stat installed.

The reason it was off the road was alternator not charging, it might just need a regulator and or brushes. It could do with a clutch change soon, but has no cylinder related issues.

Currently its starter motor is off awaiting the contact change, which will take me 5 mins.

Car has climate control, and I recently found it has the cruise wiring present behind dash so could be upgraded with cruise easily.

The second is a gold Rover 75 CDT, base spec, cloth interior, basic Aircon. 130k miles. 115hp spec, currently has tuning box set for increased torque and a bit of power hop up. It also has a working FBH.

It is due for the MOT soon, and will need a suspension joint at the front for sure which is clonking.
It may need handbrake addressing although it does hold fine. I have some spare rear shoes, spare handbrake cables (both gifted to me by an old colleague, and all brand new) and also a mini compensator in hand which can go with the car.

Car needs clutch doing soon, slips occasionally in 4th if on a steep hill and you floor it.

Sitting on the 18" gridspokes from the MG ZT, I have 6 of these.

Id rather they went back on the road than to the scrappy, but I need my space back and them gone really.

£500 for the pair.

Both cars are located in Swansea.

If you're interested, please get in touch via PM.
Abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:33   #2
Abbadon
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbadon View Post
Having now re-subscribed, I can repost the below. For anyone who replied but I missed your reply, please PM me or re-post ref the cars.

I have both an MG ZT diesel and a Rover 75 diesel for sale, both in need of various bits of work, that at this time I cant justify paying someone to do at extortionate labour rates.

In the past id have tackled it myself but kids and work and my wifes illness are taking up all of my time, so I am going to have to wave goodbye to both the carriages.

The MG ZT is silver, 04 plate, 160k miles, 135hp spec. Its a manual. Has half leather in black, silver dash. driver seat is rough rest are fine.

Is sitting on rover 75 alloys i think they are 15s.

Cosmetically it's a bit rough, and has always been rough during my ownership. The bonnet had loads of cat scratches all over it , and being stood for a while has only made it worse!

Mechanically its pretty good, engine has always run faultlessly. It has an line stat installed.

The reason it was off the road was alternator not charging, it might just need a regulator and or brushes. It could do with a clutch change soon, but has no cylinder related issues.

Currently its starter motor is off awaiting the contact change, which will take me 5 mins.

Car has climate control, and I recently found it has the cruise wiring present behind dash so could be upgraded with cruise easily.

The second is a gold Rover 75 CDT, base spec, cloth interior, basic Aircon. 130k miles. 115hp spec, currently has tuning box set for increased torque and a bit of power hop up. It also has a working FBH.

It is due for the MOT soon, and will need a suspension joint at the front for sure which is clonking.
It may need handbrake addressing although it does hold fine. I have some spare rear shoes, spare handbrake cables (both gifted to me by an old colleague, and all brand new) and also a mini compensator in hand which can go with the car.

Car needs clutch doing soon, slips occasionally in 4th if on a steep hill and you floor it.

Sitting on the 18" gridspokes from the MG ZT, I have 6 of these.

Id rather they went back on the road than to the scrappy, but I need my space back and them gone really.

£500 for the pair.

Both cars are located in Swansea.

If you're interested, please get in touch via PM.
These are going to be scrapped soon, any takers, open to offers, or any parts people want before I scrap the rest?

Andy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote