Notices

Old 25th January 2024, 11:13   #173251
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I am sorry the medication and physio is such a struggle for your wife and you had to cut off the ring from her finger.

If it’s any consolation, I stopped wearing my wedding ring as I was always losing it and both my feet are swollen so I have had cut the socks to wear them. It’s minor in comparison to your good lady.

Yesterday the solar energy people visited and gave us a quotation for a new solar power system. They wanted 70% upfront in terms of business and despite us asking for a competitive quote they gave us a Rolls quote ignoring our request completely, so we will walk away.

Hopefully everything will go well for your mums blood test.

I would love to have a solar energy system here, We tried to get one quite a few years ago when they were giving green grants out but when they came out to survey us they said the roof is too old, it was over 100 years old then.
Mind you Lancashire is a bit short on sunshine at the best of times

Yes the routine blood tests went fine, Mams an old trooper & takes it in her stride.

She wont be wearing her rings again either as it was a real struggle to get them off over her knuckles, I poured her a stiff drink just before I started which seemed to work .

I'll be in the greenhopuse starting some flower variety seeds off, Hope the frosts don't come around again.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2024, 12:15   #173252
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I'm making a vegetable, potato, lentil & chick pea curry for tea tonight & even put some tinned prunes in it to sweeten it.

Old 25th January 2024, 14:24   #173253
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
If it’s any consolation, I stopped wearing my wedding ring as I was always losing it.
I’m the same, kept slipping off my finger, luckily I always noticed.

Doing a belated anniversary dinner tonight, lump of pork with all the trimmings. It was Ging’s birthday/our anniversary (26 years) yesterday but I didn’t feel up to going out or having a big meal hence having it today.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2024, 04:40   #173254
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I’m the same, kept slipping off my finger, luckily I always noticed.

Doing a belated anniversary dinner tonight, lump of pork with all the trimmings. It was Ging’s birthday/our anniversary (26 years) yesterday but I didn’t feel up to going out or having a big meal hence having it today.
Congratulations to Ging and yourself on your wedding anniversary a couple of days ago.

26 years married, you have done well
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2024, 04:42   #173255
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good morning all, how is everyone?
Old 26th January 2024, 04:58   #173256
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I would love to have a solar energy system here, We tried to get one quite a few years ago when they were giving green grants out but when they came out to survey us they said the roof is too old, it was over 100 years old then.
Mind you Lancashire is a bit short on sunshine at the best of times

Yes the routine blood tests went fine, Mams an old trooper & takes it in her stride.

She wont be wearing her rings again either as it was a real struggle to get them off over her knuckles, I poured her a stiff drink just before I started which seemed to work .

I'll be in the greenhopuse starting some flower variety seeds off, Hope the frosts don't come around again.
Good morning Ian,

The prices of Solar Energy are coming down as the technology improves. Now we have deep cycle tubular batteries and lithium batteries, low frequency inverters and so on. The lithium batteries here for solar are expensive at £1500 each and some of them are made in China. Do they last? I do not know.

Today we are going visit to a couple of Solar Energy shops to inspect their stock and to see if the traders are real or not.

The carpenters did not finish yesterday and will be back this morning. We have told them we won’t pay them until the job is completed and it is done properly.

They worked until 7pm last night and before they left they asked me for £5 each for their bus fare home, no problem, a sign of the times. Thank goodness I am not in their situation.

What are you up to?
Old 26th January 2024, 07:30   #173257
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Good morning Ian,

The prices of Solar Energy are coming down as the technology improves. Now we have deep cycle tubular batteries and lithium batteries, low frequency inverters and so on. The lithium batteries here for solar are expensive at £1500 each and some of them are made in China. Do they last? I do not know.

Today we are going visit to a couple of Solar Energy shops to inspect their stock and to see if the traders are real or not.

The carpenters did not finish yesterday and will be back this morning. We have told them we won’t pay them until the job is completed and it is done properly.

They worked until 7pm last night and before they left they asked me for £5 each for their bus fare home, no problem, a sign of the times. Thank goodness I am not in their situation.

What are you up to?

Morning all, Morning Phil, It's a grey ol day out there but no rainn forecast.

The vast majority of storage & BEV batteries are made in China by CATL, BYD etc these days, The battery chemistry technology is advancing by the month presently. One Chinese BEV manufacturer has a Sodium aluminium BEV out at present which is vastly cheaper, It's not quite as energy dense as NMC or LFP batteries at present.
The cost of battery grade Lithium carbonate is around $30000/ton whereas Sodium carbonate is around $300/ton, The prices will tumble with these batteries.

I've got a day off from appointments today, so I'll be sowing some more seeds in propagators on heat mats & see if they will germinate.

I've also got one of those magnetic window cleaner doodahs off the ebay to clean the bedroom window over the conservatory, It's filthy .

Old 26th January 2024, 16:02   #173258
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Annoyed! Bulb has gone in the halogen light at the back door, can tell it’s the bulb, can hear the sensor clicking. Replaced it less than a month ago

T4 Location Map
Old 26th January 2024, 17:08   #173259
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Evening all.

Managed to get about with the MG Z(immer) Frame. But using it this evening as I have taken the boot off to let the air get to my leg.

Had visitors, Matt n Shirley, his Dad and his grandson. They were on their way to the skittles competition down at the Pentire hotel close to Newquay. I have been twice but found it a bit boring as you are having to hang around waiting to play.

Chicken n chips for tea.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2024, 19:50   #173260
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Nobody said life was easy!

T4 Location Map