Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th August 2017, 14:14   #1
rikk
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI

Default Navall Eclipse - IPod

Hello, I would like to connect my ipod and play the songs through my navall eclipse.

I enabled the ipod app in the factory settings, and connected the ipod to the front usb port using the cable that came with the navall (mini usb to normal usb female – connected to ipod cable).

However when I go into the ipod app it says “no music” and exits. I have tried two different ipods (which work ok with the alpine head unit in my other car), also tried the rear usb.

Is there a way to get this to work? Do I need a different cable, or change software settings?

If it’s not possible to get it to work with the proper interface I wonder if it could be connected to the aux inputs on the RCA plug? (connecting to the headphone jack on the ipod). Not sure what app could be used to play sound from there though..

Failing that I'll have to get an FM transmitter, but it wouldn't be ideal.

many thanks.
rikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 17:20   #2
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Hiya

I had/have the same problem with my Eclipse which I installed earlier in the year. Sean (Radioguy) had no luck with the factory in finding a solution. The last reply I had on the subject seemed to suggest they were no longer supporting Ipods so does beg the question why it was sold as being compatible!

As a workaround I installed an app called Rocket Player which has most of the features of ipod for the purpose of playback and transferred my ipod music to an so card to put in the eclipse

Cheers
Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 22:19   #3
rikk
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI

Ah ok, it's a shame it won't work with the ipod, but I will try the app you mentioned, many thanks for your reply.
Old 19th August 2017, 21:41   #4
rikk
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTI

I tried the rocket player and it does look good, but unfortunately it won't find any music on my sd card! Finds the mp3 files on the satnav card and internal memory just fine.. doesn't even show the sd card when i go into the settings, and i tried unmount/remount it ..
Old 20th August 2017, 00:19   #5
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartB View Post
The last reply I had on the subject seemed to suggest they were no longer supporting Ipods so does beg the question why it was sold as being compatible!
They were never iPod compatible.

Anybody who bought one because they wanted an iPod compatible player is legally and morally entitled to their money back or an exchange for a machine that does what eclipse was sold as being able to do.

Waffle about software glitches/upgrades is just that - waffle.

When something is sold as having specific capabilities and it doesn't have those it has been misrepesented and consumer rights apply. The seller of the units is responsible for remibursing their buyers. The factory are then responsible for reimbursing the seller.

How sellers deal with these issues is often the difference between something being civil in nature and it being criminal.

Sean advertised iPod compatability - that is what his buyers should receive.

There's no grey area here although I appreciate the fact that every time this particular issue comes up the grey paint comes out.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 01:34   #6
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikk View Post
I tried the rocket player and it does look good, but unfortunately it won't find any music on my sd card! Finds the mp3 files on the satnav card and internal memory just fine.. doesn't even show the sd card when i go into the settings, and i tried unmount/remount it ..
Hi rikk

I had this debate with the factory when Stuart pointed it out...as we were clearly told that IPOD was a part of the spec. The APP is even there . I fought the fight but in the end I lost. Part of the issue is that the Chinese really do not use IPod and the technology nhas greatly faded. They claimed that they are stopping it completely which is true of almost any Chinese supplier where a single din cabinet is concerned. They still routinely make them available on the double din cabinets . They are making room for the other market demands like Plug and play TPMS , DAB+ , DVB and Hard drives etc. With all of the other possible methods, like wireless streaming, USB , Hard drives , Mirroring etc. I tend to now agree with the trend. In one of my cars I have one with an IPOP cable protruding . and even the IPOD interface is clunky to use compared with streaming.

Anyway all of that being said , please contact me if you want to discuss it further or feel I misled in anyway. We will work it out. [email protected]
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 22:25   #7
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikk View Post
Hi Rik

Have you asked Rocket Player to rescan your system. I've found I need to do it even when I've just added tracks to the sd card

Cheers

Stuart
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote