Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th May 2008, 22:21   #1
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Iovox.

Went to change my broken Iovox that wouldn't load/eject cd's with my symphony out of my old car today. The Iovox hasn't worked since I bought the new car. Anyway, I hit a brick wall with my swap over so started to put the Iovox back in, so at least i had a radio to listen to, as I plugged it in, the cd stuck in it came out and it has worked ever since, admittedly rough when ejecting. But the sound quality is fantastic. Much better than my Symphony I think. So I'm considering trying to source another Iovox. Am I just easily pleased or are they pretty good sound quality. How much do they go for?
Old 19th May 2008, 04:11   #2
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Went to change my broken Iovox that wouldn't load/eject cd's with my symphony out of my old car today. The Iovox hasn't worked since I bought the new car. Anyway, I hit a brick wall with my swap over so started to put the Iovox back in, so at least i had a radio to listen to, as I plugged it in, the cd stuck in it came out and it has worked ever since, admittedly rough when ejecting. But the sound quality is fantastic. Much better than my Symphony I think. So I'm considering trying to source another Iovox. Am I just easily pleased or are they pretty good sound quality. How much do they go for?
I think the sound quality is ok but then I am deaf...

They are dirt cheap on ebay, about £20 iirc and perfectly adequate most of the time.....no better than adequate but then a that price!
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2008, 06:46   #3
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Default To reset or eject a CD on the Iovox locate the hole on the innner cover

Quote:
If you look closely at the inner hinged cover of the Iovox there is a pin size hole where you can insert a biro or something the same size to reset the head unit. This will normally eject the CD too.

Like you I recently changed from my Iovox M3-100 MP3 head unit to the VDO CD5404 MP3X head unit with new centre console too. The sound quality is not so good, so we'll see how long I tolerate this one before the Iovox goes back in.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2008, 08:32   #4
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

I'm quite liking the IOVOX at the moment, so am thinking about just buying another and swapping them over as mine is definately faulty. None on ebay at the moment, just cassette players.
Old 19th May 2008, 12:46   #5
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
I'm quite liking the IOVOX at the moment, so am thinking about just buying another and swapping them over as mine is definately faulty. None on ebay at the moment, just cassette players.
Alternatively, you can obtain a cassette version on ebay for 99p new, plus post of £13.00, also a CD changer suitable for Iovox from Brown & Gammons costs £30.00?? Save you changing discs and all controlled safely from the steering wheel controls, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road.
Or how about trying removing the inards of the new 99p Iovox cassette player and swap with the components of your existing CD player, I have seen the inside of the Iovox models. the cassette and CD seem to be modular to an extent, and maybe quite easy to swap over do.
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote