Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th February 2017, 21:27   #1
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Double din speakers

Hi all, I don't really know if this belongs to ICE but anyways, my double din unit will arrive next week and I want to upgrade my original speakers, as far as I know in our R75, 165mm speakers would fit, and my unit allows 45w per channel, anyone can give me some good recommandations for some good quality speakers? The max I decided to spend on this is about 150 pounds. Thank you!
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 21:34   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
Hi all, I don't really know if this belongs to ICE but anyways, my double din unit will arrive next week and I want to upgrade my original speakers, as far as I know in our R75, 165mm speakers would fit, and my unit allows 45w per channel, anyone can give me some good recommandations for some good quality speakers? The max I decided to spend on this is about 150 pounds. Thank you!
Check out the Hertz Dsk165 components
Old 11th February 2017, 21:42   #3
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Coolcat, I sent you a PM like 1 week ago to give me some recommendations within this price range and you have'nt replied anymore that's why I'm posting here haha And also, as far as I can see, one speakers provides 80w RMS, and my unit has a 45w max per channel, is there any type of small amplifier that I can attach to the unit so that I can get the 80w out of the spekers? I really have no idea about these things and how they work.

Last edited by Rsnail; 11th February 2017 at 21:49..
Old 12th February 2017, 06:39   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Coolcat, I sent you a PM like 1 week ago to give me some recommendations within this price range and you have'nt replied anymore that's why I'm posting here haha And also, as far as I can see, one speakers provides 80w RMS, and my unit has a 45w max per channel, is there any type of small amplifier that I can attach to the unit so that I can get the 80w out of the spekers? I really have no idea about these things and how they work.
Not sure what happened there as I replied with the recommendations and prices

I'll re do it again tomorrow when I'm at work for you

The speakers will work fine from the head units output but would benefit further from amplification, jut depends how far you want to go with the system.
Twice the power doesn't equate to twice the volume btw
Old 12th February 2017, 09:00   #5
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Coolcat you can reply me now with the PM that you sent then, the one which I didn't get, I emptied the whole inbox just to be sure, and btw, I know that twice the power eon't equal twice volume, but atleast I think it equals like half more soumd quality because the speaker can operate at it's full capacity, and btw, I don't need a big amp, I heard of some very small ones that would do the job for the speakers, if you know of some cheap ones that would do it, leave those too in a PM or here please, because next month I will be buying a set of speakers and the amp if you have them available
Old 12th February 2017, 19:51   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Coolcat you can reply me now with the PM that you sent then, the one which I didn't get, I emptied the whole inbox just to be sure, and btw, I know that twice the power eon't equal twice volume, but atleast I think it equals like half more soumd quality because the speaker can operate at it's full capacity, and btw, I don't need a big amp, I heard of some very small ones that would do the job for the speakers, if you know of some cheap ones that would do it, leave those too in a PM or here please, because next month I will be buying a set of speakers and the amp if you have them available
I could but it's not in my sent folder so the chances are I either forgot to send it (I usually copy and paste that sort of thing from Word into my Pm's and it will be on my computer at work) or something went wrong when sent.

Either way, I'll do it tomorrow when I'm back at work......'Tis a Sunday today you know