Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th November 2016, 21:27   #1
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Recommendations Radio CD replacement?

I'm thinking of replacing my VDO CD 413X for something newer. I just need a CD radio with maybe an input for "her" Ipod if poss. Good sound quality preferred. What do you suggest and anything available???
Mike
Old 28th November 2016, 22:32   #2
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

I'm no expert in this field, but the Kenwood systems with the infra red control seem to do quite well. I removed the infra red control system from a ZTT in a local yard, coupled it up to a Kenwood system and have upgraded the head unit to a later version to include bluteooth. Plenty of quality, plenty powerful enough and works fine on the steering wheel controls. I have fitted HK door speakers as the factory basic ones did struggle a bit. The other enhancement is a subwoofer, but not totally necessary, but good for what I require.

To sum up, I am unsure if the up to date Kenwood systems work with infra red, or indeed have this option, but well worth checking out.
I am about to go the double din route (when time allows me to fit it up) So may well have the bits you seek if your looking down the second user route, I will have the head unit, housing and infra red plug in and play unit up for grabs in the next week or so, if interested, drop me a PM we may be able to sort you out !

Hope this helps.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:35   #3
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I'm thinking of replacing my VDO CD 413X for something newer. I just need a CD radio with maybe an input for "her" Ipod if poss. Good sound quality preferred. What do you suggest and anything available???
Mike
Mr barmy - did you ever get to do this? I've the same 413X and now understand that swapping it for something more modern is not as straightforward as I had hoped. I like the facia with the cubby hole above and begrudge paying out for a 3rd party replacement which will cost more than the bluetooth radio.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote