Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th February 2017, 14:20   #1
mredowns

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Default CD80 Front panel

I have managed to detach the front panel from my CD80.
I am not sure if it is supposed to be detachable. The "hinge" connector on the right side was lost some time back and today I swung it down and it fell off. I can pout it back as it was before BUT I cannot work out how to connect the ribbon connector! The ribbon ends in a white strip and I can see there are connectors in the radio body but .... how do you get them to stick together?
Help please. It would be bad to have no sound but even worse, when the engine is started the radio tunes to a music station and cannot be altered!
mredowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 19:31   #2
Coups
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredowns View Post
I have managed to detach the front panel from my CD80.
I am not sure if it is supposed to be detachable. The "hinge" connector on the right side was lost some time back and today I swung it down and it fell off. I can pout it back as it was before BUT I cannot work out how to connect the ribbon connector! The ribbon ends in a white strip and I can see there are connectors in the radio body but .... how do you get them to stick together?
Help please. It would be bad to have no sound but even worse, when the engine is started the radio tunes to a music station and cannot be altered!

The ribbon connectors generally 'clamp' in place. The last radio I stripped (not a CD80) was this way. The block in which the ribbon connector ends has a flip up top. Lift it up, it might have some kind of locking system that needs released, then the top of the block hinged up. Put the ribbon back on the connector and push the hinged top back down to clamp it in place.

Hope this is the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 08:24   #3
mredowns

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Thanks. I'll get the unit out and have a go at it.
Old 11th February 2017, 15:52   #4
mredowns

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

In the end I have a CD80 unit and a totally separate front panel.
After many attempts at many tactics ... I reckon the ribbon connectors are held in place by a bar with pins/connectors in it pressing into the ribbon and holding it against another plastic bar. When I tried to remove the top bar with the pins in it the connecting lugs snapped off. I then tried the same at the end which was still connected just to check, and the same things happened.
I'll get a replacement to fill the hole!
Thanks anyway